Your Video Card Or Drivers Are Not Compatible

I have the same problem. I dont think my video card is installed. I only got my pc recently and all worked fine, i was forced to use system restore and now not only is my pc jumpy and jerky but i got that message when i start MCE. Im not sure how to install my card however i do have a folder on my pc called TV TUNER CARD DRVERS can sum1 plzzzzzzzzz help thanks..Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the recompiling of ehshell.res, but got this error:

Method Implementations <total>: 135

Resolving member refs: 87710 -> 87710 defs, 0 refs

CUTRES : fatal error CVT1105: cannot seek in file

Could not create output file, error code=0x80070714

***** FAILURE *****

anyone be able to help with this? Also, the download for ehshell.res you had posted just directs me to the forum and not the download....anyway you could post a new d/l for it?

And can anyone figure a way I can get my LeadTek WinTV2000XP Expert to run on MCE2005? it does come with WDM Drivers, but MCE still isn't detecting the **** card :S Even checked for new drivers for d/l.......and I have to admit, I hate using they're PVR Software (LOL))

Hey!

Thanks for this!

Im running a intel 82815 desktop - and I know that it will work (cos its fine in WMP or VLC or powerdvd, but MCE thinks otherwise!)

but i got a problem (and a error message!)

its at this stage....

im getting this when i complie it...

Method Implentation (total): 135

Resolving member refs:87710 -) defs, 0 refs

CUTRES : fatal error CVR1105: cannot seek in file

Could not create output file, error code=0x80070714

***** FAILURE *****

anyone know whats up?

Thanks ya kindly now!!! :D

-James

btw that other file which you say to download - i can't find it on the other page :(

Just open regedit and point to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Display Settings

Then Add 2 DWORD KEYS called DisableDxCheck and DisableDx9CapsCheck and set both their values to 1 and media center should start without problems and without all those nasty recompiling things

Just like a few other people - im also getting a black screen - and the welcome sound!

also the guy above ma last post - has got the same problem as moi! what gives!?

I got this very same error message and I tried almost everything listed here. I finally figured out a fix: check your hardware acceleration if you are getting the black screen on all videos - well Real Player and Quicktime are fine, but I could not play a DVD, nor did Media Center even have a DVD option any longer. That fixed it all. Go to control panel, display, settings, advanced and then troubleshooting. My hardware acceleration was turned off - knew how it happened but didn't know how to fix it (long boring story). This worked like magic and I only stumbled across it because I downloaded a new program for my video card that finally gave me an error message that was useful.

Hope this helps...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, Im Anthony and I have just recently purchased a new laptop for college. My laptop is an Acer and it has Media Center Edition already installed. My Media Center worked fine at first but now it gives me the "Your video card or drivers are not compatible with Media Center" error, and I am feeling helpless on fixing it. Can someone please help me and use lamens terms, I would be very grateful, thanks

-oh I almost forgot my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GO 7600, and I do have the latest drivers

,Anthony

• 2 months later...

Many, many thanks to lafitzp :thumbup . Everyone - check out his/her solution. I tried it and -WOW- :yes:I have my Media Center working flawlessly now. I was getting "the error" when entering MC and nothing would play.

Here's what he/she said:

check your hardware acceleration if you are getting the black screen on all videos - well Real Player and Quicktime are fine, but I could not play a DVD, nor did Media Center even have a DVD option any longer. That fixed it all. Go to control panel, display, settings, advanced and then troubleshooting. My hardware acceleration was turned off -

I had been on the chat line with HP support quite a few time fooling around with the drivers etc for sooooooo many hours over a couple months now. They were at the point of telling me I had to perform a destructive recovery; to go back to my original hard drive restore version from when I first purchased my computer! But, lucky for me, they did point me to this web page!

lafitzp gave the easiest, most logical first step. Thanks again lafitzp.

• 4 weeks later...