Java Runtime 1.5.0_02

TheCrowX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i read the link posted by Ryan from the the sun website. What's the last part of the command would accomplish the same thing as i was to install the program manually after install windows XP? By saying the last part i mean like ADDLOCAL=jrecore,extra MOZILLA=1. Also should i use ADDLOCAL=jrecore or ADDLOCAL=ALL if i want just installing java so i can view websites and online games on yahoo, no software developement? Thanks.

i'm having you trouble setting this to install silence. i use following for my runonceex.cmd:

REG ADD %KEY%\05 /VE /D "Java 1.5.0.02" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\05 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Java\Java_1_5_0_02.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore" /f

When it get to install the java it just skip it with out any error at all. I checked after it finish and nothing was installed. I manually install using the command promt using the Java_1_5_0_02.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore and it work just fine, went to a few java site and they loaded. Some how from that into my switch it doesnt work. I suspected it have something to do with the quotation mark since i only have 3. Can some one help me out? thanks.

Also the ADDLOCAL=jrecore, how can i check to see if it just install the core or not. I just want to install the java so that it will load java sites. I dont do alplet so i dont need the full function.

You'll have to escape you inline quotation, and have enough of them like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\05 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Java\Java_1_5_0_02.exe /s /v\"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore\"" /f

You'll have to escape you inline quotation, and have enough of them like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\05 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Java\Java_1_5_0_02.exe /s /v\"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore\"" /f

thanks, it worked. Anyway to make the Java loading screen go away? the loading screen is when java is loading the site.