Bulk Rename Utility

jimwillsher

Shameless self-promotion, but the software is 100% free and can be very useful! :)

Bulk Rename Utility is a small utility I wrote which allows you to rename multiple files and folders using flexible renaming criteria. Change case, add prefixes and suffixes, replace text, add incrementing numbers etc.

Developed in C++ on Windows XP, but runs fine on 98 onwards.

Download from here.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Jim

Not sure what you mean. You can manipulate the file extensions how you wish (e.g. remove, change to fixed etc.).

If a user has elected to not show file extensions then it doesn't matter, as the software will still show extensions.

Does this help? If not, email me and I'll try to help.

Jim

Pretty handy tool! people have asked about a program to do this on the site before, cheers jim! nice work :rolleyes:

as for shameless self promotion etc.. nah, leave that to big software houses like adobe and MS lol, you dont have the budget, and your doing it because you like it, and for free, so you just have to shout about it as and when you can.

hey, could we add this util to "Recommended software" section on the new site? its just the kind of thing to be added on there. :)

Jim, you answered the question.

HEY, I have used this in the past. Originally found it at NoNags, formerly nagbusters. It is a great program. I used it when I was making CDs with hundreds of individual files. It was my most used proggie for months when I was on that personal project. I will use it again in December as a matter of fact. I tried all of the renamer progs on nonags at the time and yours was the best and still is IMHO.

Neat meeting you here. Thanks for a great application Jim. :)

Welcome to board. :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

Glad you like the program - suggestions for enhancements always welcome! I'm conscious that I'm running out of space at the bottom of the page for adding new features, so I might have to have a GUI rethink before I can add any new stuff.

Please feel free to add the software to the Recommended section - I'm honoured! :)

Jim