Firefox 1.0.1 (moox Build)

Yzöwl

There are already too many of these Firefox topics, but here goes anyhow.

Anyone wishing to install an unattended Moox build of Firefox 1.0.1, (without extra addons etc.).

The following will set it up as your default browser, pinning it to the start menu, it will register all the relevant extensions etc, and add entries into your Start => All Programs list.

Extract the Moox build to a folder called Mozilla Firefox in the \$OEM$\$Progs directory.

Then in cmdlines.txt under [Commands] add this line

"rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 .\firefox.inf"

Now download the attachment below and place it in \$OEM$ directory.

The download is currently for my localized version of Firefox, (en-GB), I dont know how other languages etc. differ, but for the standard, (en-US), version, there is a single editable string at the very bottom of the file. Just change (en-GB) to (en-US), before you burn your CD.

Hope it helps.

firefox.inf

Thanks SiMoNsAyS,

To be honest, I had to do enough to it, hence the shortcuts and Moox build, to make it worth posting on top of the previous methods already here.

It doesn't have to be for Moox builds, the previous method championed by prathapml, copying the installed Program Files directory, on a standard build, will work too.

rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 <drive>\<directory>\<subdirectory>\firefox.inf

Just bear in mind if it isn't installed at T13, the HKCU entries will not apply to all users!

Yes, you can always extract the build to a folder called Mozilla Firefox and repackage it into an exe with 7Zip or WinRAR to extract to %ProgramFiles%. Then run the exe from the CD-ROM using your usual method.

There shouldn't be any reason why the inf can't be installed before the files are copied over either. (I'm guessing the CD-ROM install is why you wanted to know about the command in your previous post)

Yes, you can always extract the build to a folder called Mozilla Firefox and repackage it into an exe with 7Zip or WinRAR to extract to %ProgramFiles%. Then run the exe from the CD-ROM using your usual method.

There shouldn't be any reason why the inf can't be installed before the files are copied over either. (I'm guessing the CD-ROM install is why you wanted to know about the command in your previous post)

heh, yep, thanks for your time