A New Cd-switching Utility

I'm not sure how to fix the bug (since I can't even reproduce it).

I do know the bug that's causing the flickering in 0.8.5, but it would take more time to fix that one than to rewrite the whole thing (which I should one day do). :)

Like all things... if only I had more time.

CDSwitch 0.85b can be found here and it works a charm.

And, hopefully, soon on the first page. :)

Edited by Nanaki

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone is using the disc spanning tool "cdswitch" because i have a couple of questions on setup. I would just like to know the easiest way of integrating it into "wpi". I have been searching the forums and I keep coming up with using cdswitch in different customized ways but none that just explain how to simply integrate it with WPI. I have tried batch files, preinstalling, running commands from the wpi commandline, and more. all i want to

do is my usual wpi install(around 5gig) but i want it spanned over CD-Roms(i have a bunch of laptops that dont have dvd-rom drives that i need to wipe). thats it, no fancy pics or font size or antyhing. as u can see i am frustrated so pardon the sarcasm. as always any/all help is greatly appreciated. THANKS

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone is using the disc spanning tool "cdswitch" because i have a couple of questions on setup. I would just like to know the easiest way of integrating it into "wpi". I have been searching the forums and I keep coming up with using cdswitch in different customized ways but none that just explain how to simply integrate it with WPI. I have tried batch files, preinstalling, running commands from the wpi commandline, and more. all i want to

do is my usual wpi install(around 5gig) but i want it spanned over CD-Roms(i have a bunch of laptops that dont have dvd-rom drives that i need to wipe). thats it, no fancy pics or font size or antyhing. as u can see i am frustrated so pardon the sarcasm. as always any/all help is greatly appreciated. THANKS

I've kinda of forgotten the usage of my own program (loss of time and such) but I'll try and help you. Also note I've never used WPI.

Here are some points:

- If you use one "global" WPI (read: not one WPI per disc) it's probably better to copy WPI to the hard drive and then running it (via the $OEM$-folders or something, you probably know more about this than me).

- If I derive from this post correctly, you can assign different "commands" to an installer in WPI. You can simply make "cdswitch" the first command to precede every installer:

command 1: cdswitch OFFICE2003 %CDROM%
command 2: %CDROM%\office\setup.exe

Note 1: the %CDROM%-variable is a WPI-variable, see other topics for this.

Note 2: cdswitch should normally detect if the correct disc is already inserted, and then close itself automatically, so you shouldn't worry about spawning an unnecessary cdswitch-window before every install.

- So, in short, here's an example setup:

Disc 1:

• Label: "DISC_ONE"
  • Contains main Windows-stuff and WPI and maybe some applications.
  • CDswitch should be launched with command:
    cdswitch "DISC_ONE" %CDROM%

• WPI-installer entry example:
    command 1: cdswitch "DISC_ONE" %CDROM%
    command 2: %CDROM%\installers\setup.exe

Disc 2:

• Label: "DISC_TWO"
  • Contains main Windows-stuff and WPI and maybe some applications.
  • CDswitch should be launched with command:
    cdswitch "DISC_TWO" %CDROM%

• WPI-installer entry example:
    command 1: cdswitch "DISC_TWO" %CDROM%
    command 2: %CDROM%\installers\another_setup.exe

I never tested the above, but in theory it should work. You should know more of WPI than I do to make something of the above.

• 8 months later...