Working On Multiple Configs With One Config

On a kind of side note, would it be possible to actually add buttons on the far left column (along with All, None or Default) and allow users to create additional configs tied to those buttons?

In other words, allow the user to setup an additional button for 'Full Install', another for 'Medium' and a 3rd for 'Lite'. Or along the same lines as bernrs concept, add a button for 'Laptop', another for 'Main PC' and a 3rd for 'office'.

I think this would be a very useful feature. Hope this isnt too far off topic from this thread...

EDIT:: Okay, I just took a look at this mod and I think it allows just what Im looking for (short of using a combo box instead of buttons). I though this mod automatically read in the hostname of the pc and used that config. But with this method, I can create multiple 'default configs' and choose which one I want, instead of being limited to All, 1 Default or None. Right?

If so.. thanks! Thats exactly what Ive been looking for.

Your are correct. All you need to do is define your configs in in the options, then add what ever configs you want to the programs.

The way I have the script set up is it will automatically read the computer name of the computer it is running on, and if it is in the config list it will automatically pick that config, otherwise the config you set as default in the settings will be picked (currently limited to None, All, or Default, or CurrentComputerName).

Bern

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of response, I have been busy with a new software release at the company I work for, I have also been the process of moving. I will repost this as soon as I can.

Bern

Maybe someone can clue me in on this...

Is there a way for WPI to automatically select, say "Workstation" to install all workstation apps? Or "Graphics" for all Graphics apps?

I know this is similiar to the multi-defaults (Workstation Defaults, Graphic Defaults, Server Defaults, etc.) but is it possible to do that in WPI now?

I'm using bernr's version for a while now. I really hope you implement it in your future releases of WPI, kelsenellenelvian. And maybe a bit of an easier way to add 10 or 20 different configs for computernames or something like that. Maybe even importing a list of configs/computers ^^