Microsoft Virtual Machine Or Java Virtual Machine

Bad boy Warrior

MS's JVM isn't supported anymore because java decided to pull the plug on MS and stop them from doing it.

At the time it was an issue cause most places that needed a java vm were built with MS's in mind. So it broke a lot of sites. Now most sites have made the minor changes needed to work with sun's version and MS's version hasn't been supported for a year or so now.

So really it's a no brianer, go with sun's version. Plus, it's basicly impossible to find MS's version anymore anyways.

The only thing that bothers me about Sun Jave is, after its downloaded (what is it, 15 MB?), and installed... Go to Add/Remove programs and look at how much disk space its taking... What's that?!?! 110 MB?!?!?!?! (out of the top of my head). Ugh... for those few java pages I see, I'll settle for Microsoft Java (MS Virtual Machine)

Microsoft Java = Security problem

Sun Java = performance problem

Take your pick.

If you settle for MS Java, Google is your friend. Look for "msjava" or "ms virtual machine".

Cheers.

The only thing that bothers me about Sun Jave is, after its downloaded (what is it, 15 MB?), and installed... Go to Add/Remove programs and look at how much disk space its taking... What's that?!?!  110 MB?!?!?!?! (out of the top of my head). Ugh... for those few java pages I see, I'll settle for Microsoft Java (MS Virtual Machine)

Microsoft Java = Security problem

Sun Java = performance problem

Take your pick.

If you settle for MS Java, Google is your friend. Look for "msjava" or "ms virtual  machine".

Cheers.

there are 2 version of java: SDK+run time and runtime only.

are you sure you are downloading runtime only.?

i go with SDK+runtime because i'm a developer

Yes, I am sure!

Have you checked you're Add/Remove Programs? What does it say for you?

PS. Please quote only what's relevant, or don't quote at all.

mine said SDK.

obviously, you are whining java because it takes a lot of space on your computer. Perhaps, when you install it, make sure you choose custom installation and tell it not to install docs.

FORGET IT.?