Need Switches For Aim 5.9.3702

tblue71

Does anyone have the switches for the latest version of AIM. Currently I am using

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "AOL Instant Messenger" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "n:\install\Install_AIM.exe /s" /f

This does a silent install but weatherbug, Viewpoint and Wildtangent are loaded by default. When you manually install AIM you can option out of these installs so I guess there has to be a switch to not install on an unattend.

Just to give some background info this is being loaded at a business and from a share directory not a CD.

You are obviously very new. I dont know who is telling you that stuff like that is ruled out, but they are newbies too. Tell them I told them that. Because THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE. Reason being, the official and only silent way is /s, and it does exactly as intended.....you just dont intend to do the default options...One last time...There is no other choice. You must use AutoIT or Installrite.

You are obviously very new. I dont know who is telling you that stuff like that is ruled out, but they are newbies too. Tell them I told them that. Because THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE. Reason being, the official and only silent way is /s, and it does exactly as intended.....you just dont intend to do the default options...One last time...There is no other choice. You must use AutoIT or Installrite.

Higher ups I'm assuming is probally a boss of some sort. Dunno why a corporation would want AIM on their computers but that's what I've gathered from his posts. His boss told him he can only use built in tools or such.

If that's the case, use VBS. It's a built in component of Windows (unless removed with nLite) and can perform the same tasks as AutoIt.