Stop Error 0x000000bb (network Initialization...)

antun

Hey i am getting a stop error:

An initialization failure occured while attempting to boot from network.

0x000000BB(0x00000003, 0xc00000BD, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I am using a broadcom network adapter, and have configured the inf file and put it in the i386 directory

the thing is we have 25 of these exact machines, and 2 out of 10 tested get the error, it is only when it is done through the RIS.

I have run a diagnostic test and no errors, also checked the firmware versions, and it is the same on all the computers.

I am also using the latest driver 7.86

any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

any ideas?

i have checked all 25 machines we have and they all work except this one.

All are running the same bios version, and same network card. i have run diagnostics on the card and it all passess

any ideas?

No the b57win32.inf

the inf that comes with the driver files...

something odd, it just started working today.... weird

would anyone know why? is this maybe a networking issue?

thnaks

• 2 months later...

Hi gang,

I am having this issue and we are using the same com adapter as mentioned above for the new HP nc4200 laptop. I did not customize the .inf file as we have never had to do that before. Anyone know why? Or point me to the correct investigation path --> we are using XP pro

Thanks in advance,

Sincerely,

Derrick Anderson

• 1 month later...
No the b57win32.inf

the inf that comes with the driver files...

something odd, it just started working today.... weird

would anyone know why? is this maybe a networking issue?

thnaks

I know this reply is probably a little late, but I'll add a reply here on the offchance someone else stumbles by this via Google (as I just did)

Sometimes the STOP 0x000000BB error on RIS occurs due to DHCP errors.

If it's anything like the problem I have just had, it was caused by the DHCP server allocating addresses which were supposed to have been reserved by other (active) computers around the building.

One of the (few remaining) Win98SE computers threw up an error about an IP Address conflict with the MAC address of a PC I had been having the same STOP error with. I released and reserved a new address on the Win98 box, and then removed all referenced to the box I wanted to RIS. The STOP error appear this time, and the box is happily installing as I speak.

The reason your PC would fail via RIS at first but work later would have been due to the fact the DHCP lease ran out :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, everybody.

I've got the same problem on my Windows 2003 Server RIS with an Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo P9505 with an BC B57xxx LAN OnBoard Chipset.

The curious thing about it: I've got this error ONLY on the Esprimo. I've also got FSC Scenic and Dell Dimension/Optiplex with the same BC LAN Chipset, worked perfectly. :wacko:

So I've tried to download the reference drivers from the FSC Homepage, deleted all old version of the drivers inside of the /i386 directory, copied the new one (b57w2k.sys, b57xp32.sys, b57win32.inf) in and restarted the RIS (net stop binlsvc, net start binlsvc)... and it worked! :w00t:

No more Bluescreen, only an small error message during copying the data, that it misses netb57xp.inf, but I think renaming or copying the b57win32.inf should fix that.

And the good thing is, the others PCs are still booting from RIS :thumbup

Hope, that I could help.

Greetings from Germany

PaCMaN666

• 1 month later...

Again, this is an old topic but google ranks this page rather high, so I figured that I'd suggest another thing that causes this in a RIS or Network environment. We've got several Compaq's here, and it seems that every other one uses a different nic, ranging from broadcom to intel. Either way, this was in Intel Pro100, which apparently according to intel doesn't always use the base drivers in an environment with XP SP2. The fix is simple, in the i386 directory delete [or move, if you want to test] E100B325.SY_ [and in RIS, delete .pnf files and restart binlsvc, of course] so that it will use the updated drivers that you threw in. I went ahead and did the same for the E1000NT5.sy_ file, since I've updated the Pro 1000 driver as well.

Here's the link to intel's site article on it:

Intel's Article

Hope this helps someone from pulling their hair out!

Diamond