Cant Access Network Unless Network Wizard Is Run

You mention in another thread that you delete the Guest account? Try leaving it enabled.

MS say that disabling it will cause problems with shares. More details here.

With unattendswitch=yes, Windows Firewall at its default settings (enabled), and Guest enabled, I have no problems accessing workgroup shares.

Yea... I didnt know what I was talking about in that other thread... it was actually the aspnet user I delete... not the guest. But it is disabled nonetheless.

Once I run the network setup wizard, I can access shares and my guest account is still disabled. I thought I remember reading that its best to keep the guest acct disabled for security reasons.

So youre saying everyone who does a UA install experiences this?

Certainly not.

Rather, everyone who sets that specific line to disable OOBE first-run.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem, but I'm with Dahi, I use that switch and never have seen a problem with networking. In fact, I do a network install and use the runoncex to map a drive and do installs from the network. The only network setting I specify is to disable the Firewall through group policy (via registry key).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem, but I'm with Dahi, I use that switch and never have seen a problem with networking. In fact, I do a network install and use the runoncex to map a drive and do installs from the network. The only network setting I specify is to disable the Firewall through group policy (via registry key).

Interesting.... So I shouldnt be experiencing this after all.... I do use nLite to strip out some components, but nothing Im aware of which should cause this type of problem. Anyone else have any suggestions as to why Im having this issue?

I have the same issue (having to run NSW every time)...

And I'd like my machine to

Run NSW (or not need to)

Share Drives C, D and E (full access)

Map Drives from Other PCs as well.

(and make me tea every 90 mins without using MS Task Scheduler!) :thumbup