My User Account Is Not Being Created!

lylo

Hiya everyone,

Lately, everytime I've tried a new UA cd with improvements over my last everything has gone fine except for the fact that when I hit the logon screen after the installation, it waits for me to give the administrator password.

The thing is however, I have my cmdlines.txt, useraccounts.cmd, and autologon.reg all made and ready in the OEM folders to create the user account Marc (with admin rights of course), with the password I want. Even during the installation process, I can notice the command box come up for that quick second doing what its supposed to be doing. But everytime I've tried, its always failed at logging me on to my account. Even when typing the account details manually at the login screen that fails, so the account must not be getting made. :no:

Heres what I have, I'm sure this is correct (Don't worry the password shown in here is not what I actually use lol.

cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]
"useraccounts.cmd"

useraccounts.cmd

net user Marc password /add
net localgroup Administrators Marc /add
net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited
REGEDIT /S autologon.reg
EXIT

autologon.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DefaultUserName"="Marc"
"DefaultPassword"="password"
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

This is copied from the site and I've gone over it time and time again and I can't see what is wrong here. Any ideas? :(

No, and thats precisely the problem, I'm almost positive that everything I have in those 3 files is correct. I even see the command prompt quickly flash up during the installation process (T12 or T11 isnt it?) so I'm sure it's doing it's job. However, after the installation is finished, it will not log me onto the account, 'Marc', and I have the logon screen showing the administrator account waiting for the password. If I try ctrl-alt-del'ing to the classic logon screen to type in the username as well, that also doesn't work.

My computer name is... Lye-PC (That is what I have in my winnt.sif)

And administrator is spelt just like that lol

Whats weird (And I forgot to mention this in my first post), is that the info given in those 3 files is exactly the same as whats given in the first UA cd I created, which works with no problems. However, with this new disc (And ones before it), where I have either stripped it a bit more with nLite or thrown new programmes into it, it doesnt work.

Sorry for the late info but if that helps let me know.

add a PAUSE prior to the EXIT in the CMD file, and see if a window pops up and stays. It should halt setup so if you want you could set it over night and return in the morning.

(Since you're doing this, I suggest making a "Save Point" in VMWare [if you're using it] at T-14. This way you can skip a good portion of setup and actually deal with the problem faster :) )

Just a thought: does your password have a space (or multiple spaces) in it? I think that would cause the account creation to fail since the line would be seen as having too many inputs. You could try enclosing both your account name and your password in quotes and see if that helps.

Other than that, Alanoll's suggestion is a good one. Another possibility is to log in with the Administrator account after the uA process is complete and try running the script manually to see what, if any, error messages are generated.

Ok alanoll, thanks first of all for the suggestion of A: The PAUSE line, and B: The save function in VMWARE (Completely forgot about that haha!).

Anyway, it seems there is an error somewhere, or at least this screenshot clearly indicates lol...

It still has me lost though :wacko:

EDIT: Ooops, the screenshot isnt coming up lol, anyway, when it executes, at the end of every line of the useraccounts.cmd, I get the error "net is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable programme or batch file." Hmm... I'm just wondering if maybe a certain component I've removed in nLite is to blame, is the 'net' command related to anything that nLite can remove?

EDIT: Ooops x2 lol, got the screenie up this time, it wasnt saving as a jpg lol, my bad!

post-42497-1108904234_thumb.jpg

Perhaps you are creating your users too early in the setup stage. Try running your useraccounts.cmd at a later stage. Preferably just before the last reboot.

Cheers.

I appreciate your help in suggesting that but I must say I have no idea how I would do that. I thought the installation process was made to look for a cmndlines.txt on T-12 (or around that time).

I AM A MORON.

:yes:

I think I know why it hasn't been working, and it is nLite related. I removed under the 'experimental' heading, the command lines, little realising that included within those commands is the command 'net.exe'. I decided to keep that command in this time, and I am now having my ISO recreated, I am VERY confident this is why it hasn't been working.

Thank you everyone for all of your help but in the end it turns out it was just a bit of a bubu on my behalf! :rolleyes:

Well I can confirm that its removing the 'net.exe' thats included within the Command Line tools that did cause all of the trouble. I have just finished installing and everything went perfectly! I'm going to post this up in the nLite forums as well, I could see this being handy lol.

:thumbup