Detachedprogram & Oempreinstall=no

Yikes......now u r saying oempnpdriverspath doesnt work?!!! what next cmdlines doesnt work either?

anyway....i got my drivers in $OEM$\$1\Drivers\(001_Chipset......etc)

how do i get xp to install them?

i have no idea how to use setdevicepath.....could ya guide me to get this done right? thanx!

True, RyanVM, last time I checked, too! To copy the files there anyway, as CMDLINES.TXT, if placed in $OEM$ is run regardless of the OEMPreinstall setting. I was hoping that OEMPnPDriversPath would act similarly, but, alas, no.

No matter, I've about finished my script.

@j4ever, there are plenty of threads in the Device Drivers Section that achieve exactly what you want. I am looking for the same results, simply avoiding using non-Microsoft programs. My method will certainly be more complicated than what has already been posted, and if you are having trouble with that, this will undoubtably give you more headaches. Remember ... keep it simple ...

Well, I think I've got it.

I have a script that:

- Takes a sub-directory and compresses all the files with paths using CABARC

- Parses the directory for INF files and makes a concatenated path list (as in OEMPnPDriversPath)

- Creates a Command Script to expand the CAB file to the correct directories

- Creates a Command Script to inject the paths into the registry

- Packs it all into an IEXPRESS executable

What I have not automated yet is the updating of TXTSETUP.SIF, and the addition of the file to I386. But I suspect that will happen soon.

Looks good on VPC, now I'll test it on a real box, and get back to y'all in the 'morrow.

Thanks, Alanoll, for getting me on the right track.

i have read how to use setdevicepath, but yet i still do not understand the program. i don't want it to mess up and have my installation ruined. is there any easy way of explaining to me what to do with it. do i put it in the $OEM$\$1\Drivers folder next to all the other folders of drivers in there? right now it is on my xpcd is located on c:\.

i have read how to use setdevicepath, but yet i still do not understand the program.  i don't want it to mess up and have my installation ruined.  is there any easy way of explaining to me what to do with it.  do i put it in the $OEM$\$1\Drivers folder next to all the other folders of drivers in there?  right now it is on my xpcd is located on c:\.

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/drivers/cd.htm

That should help you step by step. Just disregard everything about SETUP.EXE and WatchDriver Signing. Just focus on SetDevicePath and what everything else the page says. Look at the CMD file for an example of how to use SetDevicePath.

thanks, i decided to use that method, but there is 1 HUGE mistake in the guide.

it says:

In the Run box, type:

expand C:\XPCD\SETUP.EX_ C:\XPCD\SETUPORG.EXE

it should say:

In the Run box, type:

expand C:\XPCD\I386\SETUP.EX_ C:\XPCD\I386\SETUPORG.EXE

Well ... actually my first test on a real machine did not seem to work ... the drivers were there, DriversPath in the registry was OK, the directories had been parsed and INFCACHE.1 created, but the drivers did not install.

I'm going to play around with it a little more tonight or tomorrow.

@RyanVM: I guess Bilou_Gateux got you going. If not, I'll go over it for you later. XPCREATE has updated TXTSETUP.SIF since I included SATA integration about a year ago. Two things of importance:

1) You do not need to add to an existing [sourceFiles]: there is no drawbacks in creating a new one. In fact, there are already a few.

2) You need to include the EOF marker.

The rest is actually quite simple. I will look at Bilou_Gateux's stuff later: it is always enlightning!

Oh well, that's today's update.