Shrink Photoshop Cs Source?

durex

Ive finally gotten to a point where I need to start sliming down some things to get my image under 700 mb (yea yea.. i dont have a dvd burner..) and noticed that the photoshop source takes up nearly as much as mu i386 folder! Weighing in at 158MB I need to find a way to slim this down.. Ive tried simply rar'ing it up but even with WinRAR's best compresion it only got down to 130MB or something...

So.. anyone have a solution to slimming this bad boy down?

Thanks!

yeah agreed. It'd be cool to trim it down, but you'd have to physically remove stuff from the Photoshop install. The installation (and most other Adobe installs from the CS family) is HIGHLY compressed, and can't squeeze much more out of it.

Now that sounds like and idea.

But when u install Adobe Photoshop CS it does NOT give u the option

not to install ImageReady w/c seems very strange.

In the event we cannot remove ImageReady. Maybe we can make a MST

file for Photoshop CS so that it will only install Photoshop and not ImageReady just a thought.

I've got my Photoshop CS installation down to 98.8 MB. I used InstallRite to monitor my installation then create an InstallKit. The subsequent InstallKit (.exe) installs Photoshop, ImageReady and the Eye Candy 4000 filters.

Give it a go. Using InstallRite is not a very good method if you constantly change or update the software, however I use it for Winamp, ACDSee, Adobe Photoshop CS and other programs that rarely update or ones that I prefer the older versions of.

InstallRite Download

Really? Then if it's installscript, we can use the record mode and get the setup.iss. But the problem is still the compression, because we can't make an aip. Hehehehe.. I'm really curious about this software. I will try to borrow a cd from my friend so I can try it myself.