Boot Sector File Without Having To Hit A Key

ShrimpBoy

Hi!

I want a boot sector file that doesn't need me to press a key to boot on the CD.

Is it possible to import a WinNT 4.0 boot sector file from a WinNT 4 Installation CD?

I want to launch WinPE without having to hit a key.

Please help me!

ShrimpyOne

Are your sure that this trick works? I made as you suggested on my installation and I tried in a VMware virtual machine: all that I've obtained was that the virtual machine starts, copies the files and then restart in a never ending-loop without installing the system...could you advice? Is that the same behaviour also for real machines?

Are your sure that this trick works? I made as you suggested on my installation and I tried in a VMware virtual machine: all that I've obtained was that the virtual machine starts, copies the files and then restart in a never ending-loop without installing the system...could you advice? Is that the same behaviour also for real machines?

When I first started working with WinPE I tried to do away with the "press any key..." prompt and also fell into the never ending loop. What I found to be happening is that unless you remove the disk after setup has completed it's initial GUI setup and before it has rebooted back to the disk you will get into this loop. I decided that I would rather take a little time upfront then require a tech to be present to remove the disk in the middle of the setup.