$oem$ Hexedit File?

What about doing it in a Multi-Boot way?

For example, you have one installation were you have HexEdited setupldr.bin and your boot sector to something like XPP1

then in your XPP1 boot folder, you change the location of SetupSourcePath in txtsetup.inf:

SetupSourcePath = "\SYSTEMS\XPSP2V1\"

and you put your first $OEM$ folder there with your i386 and signature files.

Then you can do the same for the second $OEM$ and so on

SetupSourcePath = "\SYSTEMS\XPSP2V2\"

Using the "optimize" feature of CDIMAGE will help you save some space...

Well, this may or may not work for you. I don't ever use the oempreinstall=yes so that the "F6 to load drivers" remains available. I just copy all the files that I need to the proper places on the hard drive by inserting a custom copy program as the first line of svcpack.inf. It's tedious to program out all the copies, but my $OEM$ path can be anything that I want, since I do the copying. I know you do this type of detail work yourself so maybe it would work for you too.

not sure if this'll even work

but what u could do is, make a base file or set of files in $OEM$\$$\System32 which contain basic files u need copied during every install

next, in cmdlines.txt

make it launch a .cmd file which calls different files based on computer name or something? give your winnt.sif files different computernames for example XP_Client1 ?

if %computername% == "xp_client1" GOTO PC1

:PC1

files to be executed

hey :P

why not use 1 folder & run the crap from cd? as i do :D

if your using xplode.. u could do something like

if %computername% == "xp_client1" GOTO PC1

:PC1

...\xplode\xplode.exe /xml:#Xplode#\PC1.xml

also if u need help PM me

• 4 weeks later...

Hi BeenThereB4, i added my updates-hotfixes-apps using cmdlines.txt.

It contains:

[COMMANDS]

"useraccounts.cmd"

"RunOnceEx.cmd"

My winnt.sif contains oempreinstall=yes.

Ok. My unattended cd working correctly but ONLY with IDE hdd ... :realmad:

Now, i have a SATA hdd and i want to create an "universal" copy of my unattended WinXpPro that will work correctly with both IDE and SATA.

For this purpose, i need that the "F6 to load drivers" will remain correctly available.

If i understood well, i have to set oempreinstall=NO and add some lines (custom copy program as the first line of svcpack.inf) to copy all the files that i need to the proper places on the hdd.

How you can see i did not use svcpack.inf but i used RunOnceEx.cmd .

Do i have to edit svcpack.inf or do i have to edit my RunOnceEx.cmd ? (edit adding the custom copy program).

Can i use at the same time svcpack.inf (to copy files) and RunOnceEx.cmd (to launch hotfixes ecc ecc just copied) ??

And which lines do i have to add to my svcpack.inf or RunOnceEx.cmd to copy all the files that i need to the proper places on the hdd ??

I hope that you'll understand my word..

Tnx !!