Sun Java JDK 1.5.0.01

Godfatha

1.5 is still beta, isn't it?

im using 1.4.2_06

here's the wpi script:

prog[pn]=['Sun Java Desktop Environment 1.4.2_06']
uid[pn]=['SUNJAVADESKTOP']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Software\\jre.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 OPERA=1 MOZILLA=1 JAVAUPDATE=0 WEBSTARTICON=0"']
dflt[pn]=['yes']

here's the link to the sun site mentioned before...

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/...ide/silent.html

Wont

%systemdrive%\install\j2sdk-1_4_2_07-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 NETSCAPE6=1 MOZILLA=1 JAVAUPDATE=1 WEBSTARTICON=1"

work for the 1.5 jdk?? like this:

%systemdrive%\install\jdk-1_5_0_02-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 NETSCAPE6=1 MOZILLA=1 JAVAUPDATE=1 WEBSTARTICON=1"

Jre is just for running java apps, JDK is for making them right? No reason id need both.

Thanks!

I copied some information from Java Silent Install Documents. :D

1. This chapter applies to 32-bit Windows and silent installation of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

2. It is intended for:

system administrators who want to deploy Java Plug-in and the JRE on multiple PCs in the Intranet environment without user interaction;

companies with products that require the JRE, which they can silently install with their product.

3. For the "Windows Installation" method (aka "install from the web"), only the /s option is required. For "Windows Offline Installation," you must include /s /v"/qn. See Install Formats for more information about installation types.

4. There is no WEBSTARTICON=0 command-line option below, as there is for version 1.4.2. That is because version 5.0 (also known as 1.5.0) does not create a Java Web Start icon.

5. There is no NETSCAPE command-line option below, as there is for version 1.4.2. In release 5.0, the MOZILLA argument registers the JRE with both Mozilla and Netscape.

More informations here...

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/...nt.html#running

That link is all about the JRE i need to know about the 1.5 JDK what are the switches?

You can follow with this instructions

Installation in Silent Mode

Here is the command line for installing in silent mode:

Window Installation:

<jre>.exe [/L<language ID>] /s [ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] | ALL] [IEXPLORER=1] [MOZILLA=1] [INSTALLDIR=<drive>:\<install_path>] [REBOOT=Suppress] [JAVAUPDATE=0] [CUSTOM=1]

Windows Offline Installation:

<jre>.exe [/L<language ID>] /s /v"/qn [ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] | ALL] [IEXPLORER=1] [MOZILLA=1] [INSTALLDIR=<drive>:\<install_path>] [REBOOT=Suppress] [JAVAUPDATE=0] [CUSTOM=1]"

where

<jre>.exe is the single executable installer for the Java Runtime Environment (JRE); /L<language ID>, if used, sets the localized language for the installer (see language IDs); ADDLOCAL, if used, is either jrecore[,extra][,other_US] or ALL; IEXPLORER=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with the Internet Explorer browser; MOZILLA=1 indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Mozilla 1.1 and later and Netscape browsers (for releases prior to 5.0, see note above); INSTALLDIR, if used, specifies the drive and path of the installation; REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted; JAVAUPDATE=0, if used, indicates that the Java Update feature should be disabled (the Update tab in the Java Control Panel will not appear); and if CUSTOM=1 is used, the user will only see the license agreement, which must be accepted, and the progress bar.

For example i used the code like this: (It's works great for me! :w00t: )

jre-1_5_0_02--windows-i586.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 JAVAUPDATE=1"