Integrate or svcpack.inf?

Which method of installing the hotfixes on Windows XP systems are faster?

1. The /Integrate switch?

2. By installing through svcpack.inf?

3. By installing through GUIrunone?

4. e.t.c..

The title states about using the integrating method or the svcpack.inf method but I added #3 and #4 incase someone should mention it.

But as it was said on GreenMachine's homepage, the guirunonce method was slower then svcpack.inf so i think #3 should be out of the question.

Thanx!

Thank you Astalavista for your quick response!

Maybe if I hadn't made my question clearer I would like to add this to my question.

I would like to know which method is faster in installing WindowsXP in the total time that it takes to install itself.

Thanx again! :lol:

I think using the /integrate: feature on the hotfixes will give the fastest results for the installation time matter...

Indeed... Because then no installers will have to be executed to apply the hotfixes, they become part of the regular installation!

but doesn't using the /integrate also add entries to SVCPACK.INF so that the hotfix runs during setup and applies the registry entries. The /integrate jsut updates the source files as well incase a file gets deleted and is restored from CD.

Fastest is probally RyanVM's driver pack as no EXE is ever executed at all.

i guess most people dont realize that the /integrate on hotfixes is nothing else than an automation of the SVCPACK.inf method. no files are replaced when using, it just creates the file and folderstructure and copies the kb******.exe file to svcpack folder.

the hotfixes are called at T13, you can verify this very easily using shift+f10 and the tasklist command.