TFT - Digimate L-1715 dead pixel problem

brian873

I have bought one of these tft's for a friend. They are not heavy users so the TFT seemed fine for Office and Email use.

The probelm I have is with the dead pixels... They replaced the TFT with 3 dead pixels but this one now has 5. Has anyone got a digimate l-1715 that works OK ? Tryinig to find out if I should look for a refund or try annd get them to oreplace it again.

Thanks in advance

5 Pixels is a lot, half or totally dead. Look in there warranty policy to find out when they exchange the TFT.

EDIT: ****, what a crap:

" Digimate is committed to customer satisfaction by providing the highest quality products in the industry. The result is that our LCD displays generally have very few non-performing pixels. For example, an 18" SXGA (1280 x 1024) display has nearly 4 million sub-pixels. A product exhibiting 7 non-performing pixels would equate to an extremely small 0.00018 percent of the total sub-pixels.

(1280 Horizontal Pixels) * (1024 Vertical Pixels) * (3 sub-pixels per pixel) = 3,932,160 sub-pixels

[(7 non-performing pixels) / (3,932,160 sub-pixels)] * 100% = 0.00018%

To ensure the highest performing displays, Digimate sets limits as to the allowable number of pixel anomalies. Digimate has adopted the following pixel criteria to supplement our existing warranty service. This policy applies to all Digimate LCD displays during the warranty period.

Digimate sets limits on 14" - 15" LCD's at 4 bright sub-pixels, 4 dark sub-pixels, or a combination of 4.

Digimate sets limits on 17" - 19" LCD's at 7 bright sub-pixels, 7 dark sub-pixels, or a combination of 7.

It is possible that any replacement display may also have some non-performing sub-pixels. This should be considered when requesting a warranty exchange."

I would never buy this brand. :angry: Try to get your money back I would say...

puntoMX: Thanks for rthe reply !

Since I got the new tft last saturday it hs been on for about four hours; in that time six more have gone dead. I think this is a faulty tft as i bet if it is left on for some more time. More will die.

IMHO dont buy digimate

hail hail