Access denied ?

Power350

:blink: Well, I have tried with and without creating an account and the same with sfc disable. Everytime it gets to starting rundll32.exe it first says that I don't have access to a certain file. Then says that installation failed. In my log it only shows it at the last rundll32 but it happens on all of them.

Edit: It only says that access to the file is denied once and then has installation failed on

each rundll32. (Although I don't think the file that is denied access to has anything to do with the issue)

Also when windows starts it says that I don't have permission for quite a few things. Examples would be changing the display properties and going to the device manager.

Seems as if I have very restricted permissions but on one test I was the aministrator as there was no other accounts. :wacko:

Here is my log file from the first install that had all proggies and sfc disabled and created a user.

xplode.log

Edited by Power350

And here is a trimmed down version of xml file that I used for testing. It did the same thing. :(

Forgot to mention that all the runonceex proggies say access denied. Basically almost every program that runs has access denied :realmad:

XPlode2.xml

Edited by Power350

@Everyone, esp Power350:

Please leave out your serial numbers. Your Nero one is there. Might be wise removing it?

@Power350:

Can you post the log of the trimmed down version, along with a more descriptive passage of text outlining the problem? At the moment it seems like it isn't an XPlode-specific issue. The time at which you run the installs could be quite useful too.

:blushing: Fixed the serial.

****, I thought I didn't have any stuff like that in there. :blushing:

Will get the new log posted after work.

I am running this w/cmdlines.txt

Not much more I can say than what is in my first post. All the programs install fine as always. the only things I have changed is to start using xplode 4. and moved inf files to be installed w/xplode.

Here is the exact occurance of the issue.

1. Get and error at the first instance of installing the inf file.

it says that I don't have access to a certain file. (wish I could remeber, will get if necassary)

2. then says the installation failed for the inf.

3. says installation failed for second inf.

4. says installatino failed for third inf.

5. after clicking ok for each of these errors xplode closes as normal and the rest of the installation finishes.l

6.Puter starts up and runonceex begins. I have 3 proggies installing and 1 batch file that runs.

7. On every attempt to run a program I get access denied.

8. after clicking ok for each of these errors it loads windows.

9. windows doesn't have any themes enabled but the service is started.

10. all services are as normal.

11. I cannot get to itmes in the control panel, system properties, and not even the display properties. Everything says I don't have permission.

12. sounds like my account is restriced BUT this is the administrator account.

I will also run the same installation w/ old xplode to verfiy if it is version 4 or not.

will check back in this evening to post my trimmed log and after that tommorrow morning.

l8r :hello:

:P I think I found the problem. After looking over the log file again you will notice that it is after the "main" inf tweak that I get the access denied. this is where I make adjustment to the system. I believe that is the problem. Here is the trimmed down log anyhoo.

:whistle:

:no: didn't work. still the same issues. :sigh:

have to wait until after work to install w/old xplode.

xplode.log

Edited by Power350