need "special" fdisk help

Corvettaholic

Is it possible, while in windows XP sitting at the desktop, to wipe the partition? I don't want to recover anything. I just want to run a batch file from windows, that deletes itself and everything on the partition. How do I do this?

Do you want to mess up somebody elses computer... :angrym:

No way! This is what I'm trying to accomplish:

I load XP Pro unattended using my bashrats pack, and maxxp's unattended installer. Got it working on about 75% of the machines we build. When it hits a desktop, a little VB program I wrote gives me a couple options. 1) run my burn-in programs such as prime95, world bench 5, 3dmark2004, and so on. Then it will compile a results report. After all this is complete, the report will forwarded over the network to my master machine then all burn-in stuff is deleted off the HD. 2) this option is to be used after the burn-in, and it will run sysprep with my modified sysprep.ini file, thereby prepping the system for customer use if they bought the OS from us. 3) If the customer did NOT buy the OS from us, I still had to load it to run my benchmark stuff but now I don't need it anymore. So I want to smear it from windows. I mean, I COULD just walk around the corner and grab my trusty f-disk floppy, but I'd love to have this as concise and easy as possible.

Hope this sheds some light on why I need to wipe the boot partition while i'm sitting in it :D

Just a note, if you want to have the same effect fdisk does, i.e deleting partition entries in the MBR (which is NOT wiping a partition or drive), there are several ways.

Search on google for

Roger Layton MBRWizard 1.52

You can call it from batch,

using the /Wipe=1 or /Wipe=2 options should do it

Or you could use the tool you can find here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=30378&hl=

jaclaz