RunOnceEx Screen software install screen to large

Ife just converted my start.cmd to RunOnceEx methode. But when windows starts and the screen appears the list goes out of screen because ive so many programs. Is there anything i can do about it because this doesnt look nice:(. Ibe got 32 programs btw.

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

Instead of executing the CMD file from CMDLINES.TXT, put it back in GUIRunOnce in the WINNT.SIF file.

Then every 15 entries or so, put the line above in the batch file. Copy paste the TITLE part and such and repeat.

I gotta go do some HW right now, so I'll be back.

Instead of executing the CMD file from CMDLINES.TXT, put it back in GUIRunOnce in the WINNT.SIF file.

Then every 15 entries or so, put the line above in the batch file. Copy paste the TITLE part and such and repeat.

OK so this will run those blocks of 15 progs or so without a reboot & keep the consecutive numbering system for each app in every block?

Ife just converted my start.cmd to RunOnceEx methode. But when windows starts and the screen appears the list goes out of screen because ive so many programs. Is there anything i can do about it because this doesnt look nice:(. Ibe got 32 programs btw.

I was in the same boat... easiest solution? Use a higher resolution... 1024x768 or 1280x1024 should give you enough room

OK so this will run those blocks of 15 progs or so without a reboot & keep the consecutive numbering system for each app in every block?

indeed.

YOu don't need to even reset the counter back to 001. Just leave it how it is, and copy and paste that line of code, every 015 entries or so, and it will execute the current set of imported keys, then import the next set. And so on. The only reboot will be the ones caused by you or the individual setups (if you failed to kill em) The only lines you'll have to copy would be the TITLE for the RUnOnceEX window to each segment (renaming if you wish).

@Astalavista

This is indeed how it does it :) And I know this isn't the first time I've mentioned that command :P

I was in the same boat... easiest solution? Use a higher resolution... 1024x768 or 1280x1024 should give you enough room

@ Alanoll Thanks for that.

Yeah I set my resolutions in winnit.sif but the XP ATI driver tends to default it back to 800 x 600 for some reason & the apps in Runonceex go off the screen?

@Maverick

I can tell you that the winnt method of changing resolution doesnt work at all for vmware (at least it never has for me) and Ive noticed sometimes after my video driver is updated it reverts back to 640x480 or 800x600....

Swing over to the UA Guide downloads page and snag the vidchange tool and toss it in your runonceex... 1 thing to note though, dont place it as the very 1st thing in your runonce as it doesnt seem to want to work immediately for some strange reason.. just toss it in after a couple programs have installed and it will automatically resize your res so youre left with plenty of room to see your runonce list...

Ok i have put the code above to my runonceex.cmd and during the install the screen is now smaller and i dont see a second screen with the rest of the programs( i dont know if this is normal.)

After the first list it wont go on with the second but it start windows right after it :( . Here is the middle peive of code from my runonceex.cmd:

---------------------------

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /VE /D ".NET Framework v1.1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\085 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\framework1.1\netfxsp1.exe" /f

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\090 /VE /D "Norton partition Magic 8.05" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\090 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\partitionmagic\setup.exe /S /v/qn" /f

----------------------------

This file is located in OEM\$1\install

This is set in my winnt.sif:

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\RunOnceEx.cmd

I'm going to be trying this in a bit for the first time to see if it works.

@PainKilla because I'm new, I don't know but I can guess. you have this

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

I think you only need to put this though:

I hope I'm right, that is what I'm trying. Maybe the other guys can clear this up before I try my install :)