A script on this pas is causing iE to run slowly

[edit] i see one has InternetExplorer, and the other has Internet Explorer (with a space between), but why the need for both? my reg only has the Internet Explorer key...

u got it!

I am running my modified wpi.exe from RunonceEX.cmd i said so in my post :P

running wpi.hta from my cdrom

i dont like to use winnt.sif

I am running wpi using the .cmd file included which is successfully importing the reg file with the styles fix. However unless you reboot you still see the error with a script causing your computer to slow down. Since I tend to run wpi on the fly via a USB pen drive or via a WPI CD there is no T-13 to take advantage of. Unless I import the reg file then reboot and run wpi I have this problem. What is the latest on this? Any work around if you are not using wpi on an unattended xp where you can use the t-13 to import the reg?

Dennis

@asta

what's the benifit of using the exe compared to the cmd? and for the exe do certain file need to be in any particualar places?

also it seems like everyone copies something over to the systemdrive in order to run wpi (even if running it from a cd) why doesnt anyone just run it directly from the cd?

@asta

what's the benifit of using the exe compared to the cmd? and for the exe do certain file need to be in any particualar places?

also it seems like everyone copies something over to the systemdrive in order to run wpi (even if running it from a cd) why doesnt anyone just run it directly  from the cd?

my exe is totally silent u dont see anything. even my prepare.cmd and cleanup.cmd

are all exe so they are all totally silent. more professional looking.

dude the senior guys [bonedaddy, myself, britishbulldog, totoymola, bashrat the sneaky, and etc all use wpi from the cd. we dont run it from the drive

denise

all u need to do is make sure the registry file is run before wpi.hta

good luck

Nevermind, I think I found the problem. The code is wrong and someone has probably already told hasi by now but the cmd file is wrong for the pathing.

There should be no \ after %WPIPATH% since %WPIPATH% already includes. Currently the resulting code was trying to import the reg file using this path

regedit /S "%WPIPATH%\common\wpi.reg"

which in turn translates to this

regedit /S "F:\wpi\\common\wpi.reg"

so the double quote after wpi was causing it to fail. Same with cmdow.

Dennis