2 users off of one comp at sime time

ripken204

i doubt this is possible but, if i got a computer, could i run two users off of it at the same time.

ex:tower is in my room,i can use it in my room with my own monitor/keyboard/mouse and in another room(office) another user can use the computer at the same time also using his own monitor/keyboard/mouse. is this possible and if so how?

i dont think it is, with just a pc & monitor/keyboard

I've seen it done with Windows 98, but this was a while back. I saw it being done on TV. They were using software, as well as a splitter for mice/keyboard/monitor... But the catch was that both users had to be using the same programs for it to work.

I don't know if this still exists, but if it does, it should turn up somewhere... :)

"BeTwin 2000/XP

Product Description

BeTwin 2000/XP is the software that allows multiple users to simultaneously and independently share

a personal computer running Windows 2000 Professional or Server, Windows XP Home or Professional Edition. Installation is simple. Install a second display adapter (video card) and connect it to the second monitor. Plug in a USB mouse, USB keyboard and, optionally, USB speakers. Finally, install the BeTwin 2000/XP software.

Additional video cards, monitors, mice, keyboards and USB speakers can be installed to support up to four additional users."

Don't know how well or if it works but there ya go. I have it on CD. It came with MSI Multimedia software. You'll have to search Google for it.