Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.0.3.1000

contender

@a06lp man I wish I could find where I read this now. What I read, according to Symantec, is that the "stable and tested" virus definition builds are those which come in via LiveUpdate. The daily updates are meant for advanced users and those with specific 0-day needs.

Symantec's web site just seems to get worse instead of better as the years go on. Pretty soon I won't be able to find anything there.

i know about the 'officially released' ones being available via liveupdate, but i would like to include them into my xpcd.

i can include these 'daily builds' but, as you said, the 'official' ones are more stable, so i'd like to find those....

• 3 weeks later...

In my testing, the 9.0.3.1000 release seems to have fixed the pagefile.sys bug. Now if they could only resovle the Terminal Services issue with the Desktop Firewall, I'd finally feel like they halfway got it together.

Also, anyone ever see the changelog for 9.0.3.1100? Sort of wondering if I should even care.

Hi pplz

Well it seems Symantec have changed the way they do the definition updates... after using

start /wait 20050308-021-i32.exe /EXTRACT /q "d:\savce\program files\Symantec AntiVirus\Virus Defs"

and then testing by running liveupdate (after installing the complete new updated version) live update downloaded the files and applied the update again... however the date and rev number was the same...

Anyone got any ideas here?

Also LUSETUP does not need to renamed it is now the same name and resides in the

\savce\program files\Symantec AntiVirus

folder. Interestingly the version of LU that ships with 9.0.3.1000 is older than the current 2.6.x version available for download.

Hi pplz

Well it seems Symantec have changed the way they do the definition updates... after using

start /wait 20050308-021-i32.exe /EXTRACT /q "d:\savce\program files\Symantec AntiVirus\Virus Defs"

and then testing by running liveupdate (after installing the complete new updated version) live update downloaded the files and applied the update again... however the date and rev number was the same...

Anyone got any ideas here?

Also LUSETUP does not need to renamed it is now the same name and resides in the

\savce\program files\Symantec AntiVirus

folder.  Interestingly the version of LU that ships with 9.0.3.1000 is older than the current 2.6.x version available for download.

You can replace lusetup.exe with a newer one. I stated this earlier on when this first version appeared.