any 1.6.2 SP side effects?

wolfpack

first let me say hello to everyone and i hope that someone can answer my questions concerning the unofficial SP 1.6.2, I am planning on reinstalling Windows 98SE on a friend's computer and I would like to know if I were to use the 1.6.2 unofficial service pack,would I have any problems updating to or using Internet Explorer 6.0 or are there any Windows updates or programs I should not absolutely use if I want the unofficial service pack to be trouble-free?? so I guess I am basically wanting to know what are the negative side effects of using 1.6.2 ? thanks.

there is one minor side affect that won't be in version 2.0...

If you have problem with Windows Update after installing version 1.6.2, you must run these commands (from Start-Run):

regsvr32 wintrust.dll

regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

regsvr32 rsaenh.dll

otherwise all i have noticed is a much more stable and faster os

the new icons make it look more modern.

the sp 2.0 will support sleek,right now it supports chubby

micro is crap

No, it's just not for what you think is important.

We discussed this already: MICRO is for extremely teeny systems that can boot on an LS-120 without any usage of the hard disk whatsoever, so you can maintain your hard disk from that vantage point while it is not booted up. No hard disk files are exempted from any form of access/deletion, etc. Incidentally it's fast, but the point is that it is fully-featured *enough* to run defrag, scandisk, anti-spyware/antivirus stuff, etc. that can find problems with your main system that it itself cannot even find due to cleverly-hidden viruses, etc.

Every variant of 98lite has a valid purpose, including OVERWEIGHT; it shows you what 98lite does by omitting the improvements temporarily!

cjl (have used all 4-5 variants)