Modify the Progress Bar

You're not helping Astalavista.

As for you Alanoll, you should know better than to treat people new to this board like that. Nice posting tjhart85, much respect.

perhaps I could have elaborated more on my first post. Should the other users have posted laughing at the user? no, most likely they were laughing at my response.

However, the topic HAS been discussed before.

Alanoll didn't say it wasn't possible, he said he would post/show a guide

I neither said nor denied such a thing. I am writing a WINNTBBU guide for the Unattended website that does detail changing more then what Astalavista has typed up, however Progress Bar is not possible. Not easily anyways. You can change it's position by changing the text size of the items on the left, but that's not a very effecient method. I'm still researching other ways to do it, so I'll keep this thread appraised, but however, my initial response stands. NO.

Next time, I shall be more "specific" when I answer no.

@Alanoll

I'm not trying to flame you or anything, its just your responce kind of floored me, in the past I've seen you give very detailed responces why things aren't possible, and always try to help the newbie, and this time its just no.

As for this:

Alanoll didn't say it wasn't possible, he said he would post/show a guide

-----I neither said nor denied such a thing.

Well, :blushing: that was a miswrite on my part. I must have changed my mind about writing something, and forgot to delete it.

@Se7eNdUsT

Thank you!

@Astalavista

Same for you as Alanoll, I'm not trying to flame you, or make enemies, I just think people should be treated with respect, as long as they haven't shown any reason why they don't deserve any. And yes, I did miswrite what alanoll wrote. My mistake. And for that, I DID deserve to be laughed at, but a guy who asks a simple question doesn't need to be ridiculed for it.

In this game, we are all noobs at something (new apps, adding drivers, etc...) and all want any of our questions to be answered with respect.

IN THE GREAT WORDS OF BILL & TED, "BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER!"

To the original poster:

My apologies, I usually do answer in more detailed responses, however I thought a simple no would have sufficed. Sorry.

@tjhart85

IN THE GREAT WORDS OF BILL & TED, "BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER!"

They never said that, atleast in the movies. :P The people from the future said they said it. lol.

Let me explain. To change the color you have to edit a few hex pairs. To edit the postion of the progress bar you have to chane the source code. Since Microsoft will never release the source code, you can not chane the position.

that's not true. You don't need the source code, you just need a dissassembler and an understanding of Assembly language to find the correct offset to modify in HEX.

Ok guys I finally inderstood that there is no way to modify my progress bar and i'd

also like to thank tjhart85 ,seraph00 and Se7eNdUsT for their understanding....

I know that my knowledge in this kind of work is in the lower level but i think

that everyone of you passed through this stage....

I dont think i belong to niewbies who are sniffing information and then dissappear.....

I want to share my work,my knowledge or anything else that could be helpfull...

In the and i want to apologise about my english...

Thanks again for your understanding....

Regards...

@ALANOLL

They never said that, atleast in the movies.  The people from the future said they said it. lol.

Yeah, you're right. My mistake! Well, in the great words of George Carlin playing Rufus....

@borbomotsalo

You're welcome. Glad to hear that you don't plan on disappearing and that you want to remain and become a full contributing member of this board. Thats great!

• 3 weeks later...

okok cool down guys.its getting hot here.

@borbomotsalo

its true.moving the progress bar position is not an easy task.u have to hexedit the file for that.but u can change colours,sape of the flowing blocks with booteditor tool.

download it form here bootedit

firstly go througt the help section to know how it work.

hope this will help u.

enjoy

I haev moved the progress bar both up and down that is all you ca really get it to move. There is a program I found that will do this for you (just click and drag the progress bar to where you want it then save)

http://www.belchfire.net/~userxp/indexbe.htm

Read the site carefully using it in XP is hard at first need to manually add dll files it needs. Also another hint is put the ntoskrnl files in their own folder inside the boot editor folder.

Ok guys but all this stuff demands lots of hours in trying & trying and this period isn't

the most appropriate for me...I've a personal typical bootscreen and i m happy with it...

When my work allow me, i ll try to resedit the progress bar and I ll let you know the results...

Anyway thanks a lot for the replies...

Regards....

@bmn and kelsenellenelvian

That SAME program relates to KERNEL BOOT SCREENS.

This is the SETUP BILLBOARD section, meaning the screens you see DURING SETUP.

I knew there was a reason I requested the forum title change from "Setup Bootscreen" to "Setup BIllboard"