2 Network Card <Bridge Network>

yusmol

Hi,

I'm using windows server 2003 and got 2 network card. I make bridge network and point to 1 ip address but only 1 network card working the other one been idle.

I already try this guide on regedit.com http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1245/ But it not working.

Is there a way to make both network card working on network bridge on single ip?

Also i'm running sql server, mail server, webhost and ftp server. The ftp server are 3rd party program. So i need help on which services are safe to turn off.

Thank You.

I was planning to get 2 connection for this cc.

That mean 2 internet connection with diffrent router.

Maybe it can work with diffrent gateway?

Also i brought 100/1000 Network card, and i know my hub are 10/100 so i cannot get anything from the hub.

If the router speed are 2.4ghz and the internet connection are 1000/384, can i get maximum speed from router?

Also i wonder which windows services are safe to turn off to minimize windows load?

Okie, how bout windows services?

Well there are different opinions regarding what services should one shut down. Personaly, I this that's up to administrator to decide, as what purpose your server will serve. Anyway you can search bit on the Internet regarding some common services that you can shut down.

As per IP, you can't really use single IP on 2 different NIC (neither on the same computer nor same subnet), but you can use 2 different subnets i.e. 172.16.1.x and 172.16.2.x

As per hub, well your hub is 10/100 and NICs are 100/1000 so there is a 100 Mbps that matches :) even though if I was you I would use switch, today switches are not expensive, but you will gain more from the switch than from the hub.

As per router, I don't think that router processor will affect performance of your connection at any time, unless you find yourself under some DoS attacks ...