Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
Afterdawn

Subfolders inOemPnPDriversPath

According to the Deployment Guide of XP SP2 you don't need to specify each subfolder in the drivers path:

For example, if you have a folder called \Drivers with subfolders called \Audio and \Net, specify OemPnPDriversPath = drivers\audio;drivers\net in the Unattend.txt file. Setup adds:

- %SYSTEMDRIVE% to each of the folder names

- the path for each subfolder to the Plug and Play device search path.

Why does the unattended guide states that setup DOESN'T scan for INF's in subfolders?

From what I read, it doesn't sound like that.

you have a folder called \Drivers with subfolders called \Audio and \Net, specify OemPnPDriversPath = drivers\audio;drivers\net
This will result in:
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\drivers\audio

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\drivers\net

You have to specify:

the path for each subfolder to the Plug and Play device search path.

No? :huh:

Just look at my quote (or the actual deployment guide), it really says:

Setup adds:

...%SystemDrive% blablabla

... and the path for each subfolder that Plug and Play needs.....

Hum... it's worth a try. Have you checked if the same stuff apply for Windows XP SP1? I doubt everybody would have missed that for over 2 years...

if this works it'd be great matching to the driver compressor tool!

so

OemPnPDriversPath=Drivers\Net;Drivers\Printer;Drivers\Display;

something like that would be good enough? (and not mention all sub directories under those parent directories?)

@hp38guser:

I'm sorry it really doens't work! Obviously you don't have to include the subfolder if they are mentioned in the INF's, but that's not the question here... I didn't intent to modify inf files!

@larciel

As I said it didn't work for me! You need specify each folder in you OemPnpDriverPath which contains an INF-file!

yeah it seems like it won't work because after reading the MS quote carefully, i came to same conclusion as the first replier did

@hp38guser:

I'm sorry it really doens't work! Obviously you don't have to include the subfolder if they are mentioned in the INF's, but that's not the question here... I didn't intent to modify inf files!

@larciel

As I said it didn't work for me! You need specify each folder in you OemPnpDriverPath which contains an INF-file!

Indeed!

In the specific VIA Hyperion case, all OemPnpDriverPaths are specified in the inf file, which is placed in that one folder...

Another note: why would he be pointing to Chipset\VIA anyway, if you wouldn't have to specify any subfolder?