Restarting and Hanging AMD comp

Mr. Spock

The only way you can check your temperature is with an infrared thermo meter. You have to point directly on the core to get it exact.

So forget that temperature, if it’s showing lower then 80oC I would stay cool too ;) .

Hi :)

Just a few tips and reminders:

Never overlook the psu btw

I know you've added a new 300W one but never use the cheap ones - they are unstable - even if they dont look it.

Buy a quality one ;)

Just a reminder...

Also, you didnt (or am i half asleep) mention the graphics card? what is it and are you using a stable driver for it?

Memory could be a problem - some just dont like some motherboards. Never go with unbranded and go for a good make and preferable, check the motherboard manufacturer's website for a compatibility list too.

Have you tried using a different HD (i know you've tested it but even a seemingly good HD that tests ok can still be the cause) - if you have an old one that works lying around, give it a try too.

If all else fails, i'd have to say that the motherboard looks like its dying and as puntoMX said, it would be best to get another one.

For the system you have, its not too expensive to get a decent motherboard and not only may it cure the problem, it may give u an additional performance boost if you get a good one :)

Regards & good luck,

Nath.

Been a wise man i bought a new mobo B)

And it's working like a charm right now.

It even passed the burn-in test 10 times so i think ( i just hope ) that it now will be in order.

And the little freind of mine soon will pass by his teaching master :lol: me :blushing:

So thx with all the answers you gave me i learn a lot.

P.S Bought a Asus