Slightly off topic..

Doogal

Just finalising my build here, just looking into alternatives to Norton for the services they provide, think i am running with AVG for antivirus and zonealarm for firewall, just need suggestions for a replacement for drive/OS optimisation and a backup solution to replace Ghost (not for imaging)

Any help will be greatly appreciated

are you looking for freeware or commercial? (because the AV and firewall above is both free)

OS optimisation, I never let any tool do it. Because tools just end up piling more junk on! Just use regtweaks and batch-files for the same functions that those apps do.

For drive optimisation (defragmenting), Diskeeper is the best.

Backup solution to replace ghost, there's plenty. Partition Magic can copy disks too. And then there's Acronis TrueImage 8.

the backup solution i want is one that will take files from one area and place copies of it on another drive at regular intervals, not something that will create a drive image, thanks for the info on Diskeeper, i will take a look at it!

the backup solution i want is one that will take files from one area and place copies of it on another drive at regular intervals, not something that will create a drive image.

Yes, TrueImage is very good for this. (the name says "Image" but it can do lots more than that)