Virtual PC 2004 Customization

Hello everyone and greetings from Portugal.

I'm trying to customize the Virtual PC 2004 user interface 'cause I don't want no one to mess with it.

So...I need to hide virtual machine menu bar and hide virtual machine status bar.

Anyone knows any registry tweaks for this?

Cumps!

Greetings from Korea!!!

Will hitting alt-tab to make it full screen help solve your problem?

BTW, does anyone know how to mount an ISO image? I've been using Daemon Tools to mount my images, but was wondering if the functionality is already in VPC. Thanks.

Yes, using VPC you need to "capture an image" to mount the ISO.

Dump VPC - go VMware, its far faster and easier to handle (ISO mounting is easy too).

The problem with VirtualPC is that full acceleration isn't enabled by default.

If the VirtualPC window hasn't got the focus, it will run veeeeery slow. Setting VirtualPC up correctly, it runs a lot faster but I agree in switching to VMware. You will notice another grow in speed and usability.

With VMware the installation needs only as long as it takes on a real machine, which is quite impressive for a VM.

possibly but I also have a legit copy of virt pc that I got from micrsoft. They hand out copies for system devs.

I also dont have a legit copy of vmware and am not about to pay for it. So unless somebody can point out a legit way to get it free I dont think I'll be using it.

for those who dont know here is the cost for the link above.

VMware Workstation enables developers and system administrators to develop and test the most complex networked server-class applications running on Microsoft Windows, Linux or NetWare all on a single desktop.

$189 electronic distribution

$199 packaged distribution