big board

prathapml

Gah!

We are supposed to be listed there - http://www.big-boards.com/kw/support/.

Big-Boards tracks the most active message boards and forums on the web. They have listed 500,000 posts as minimum requirement, but if you see that link you will see that boards with less than that have also been ranked.

I submitted msfn today, but if they don't list it I'm mentioning it here so that someone can please remember and submit the forum link again when we cross 500,000 posts.

agreed, 90% of neow1n's posters have like 3000+ posts becuz they spam each topic with stupid things like "lol" or "hehe" but yes, quality over quanity :D

im a post whore on msfn :D

I have wandered around the net over the years and found some sites I like to go back to occasionally but not anywhere that I would spend any time making any posts. That was also true when I found msfn. I'm not sure what prompted me to join but it didn't take long to become clear that msfn was and is quite different than any forum I had come across before. I am very happy to be a member here. As a point of pride, I would like to see msfn ranked quite highly but not at the cost of having hordes of people coming in. In the forums I have lurked through in the past, I found arrogant, snotty, juvenile, foul mouthed, and repulsive characters. I don't want them here. Is not being recognized a blessing?

My opinion.

DL

haha.... I don't know what to say!

But yes, one nice thing about this forum is its quite fun. And that's because we have lots of sane and sensible people around here (such as yourself) from a range of nationalities. And the general friendliness and relaxed atmosphere that abounds, draws a lot of people as it is a refreshing change from other boards. Its sufficiently tech as it should be, and has a sufficiently sized "by the way" category of talks, with none of the spamming!

Also, you reminded me of this old topic of mine - This is what differentiates MSFN from others.

Oops! Noticed that you have already been there. ;)

I did think of this after my last post in this thread. I would like to see more readers or members if it ups the value of the advertisements on this site.

@prathapml

Everything you said covers the personality that msfn has.

"sane and sensible" :blushing: , I'm not to sure about either when it applies to me. "sensible" -someone who is logical and organized (yeah, right). I've seen the pictures of your desktops. I could clean mine for a week and it wouldn't look like what you guys have posted. If someone hadn't told me how bad it would be, I would have used my CD tray to hold my coffee or pastry, just so they wouldn't get contaminated by the detritus on my desk. "sane", you should see my desk.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...