a few small questions ..

midiboy

Hi Benjamin,

starting to use Wihu for software installation purposes now ... I know, I am late :P

Could you tell me two things .... ?

1. I would like to disable the help panel completely ( should not be shown at all or remain invisible if moved completely to the right ....

2. I don´t need section names actually because I will just install a few apps. Currently this is not possible.

And last but not least, not related to software installation purposes ...

3. Is it possible to add a switch to the [users] section to make all users that are created in Wihu Administrators using unlimited passwords ?

Something like

Group.0=1

Status.0=0x10028

but for all users ?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi again,

as for point 1 ... after some thinking, this helppanel is not as bad as I first thought. Might need it after all ...

but .... :P

Could you make it remember it´s position and size or influence the width of the helparea in another way ? Because, if I do not use the help area it is too big and if I intend to use it, then I would need more space :D

Also, something about the resizing of Wihu ...

If I resize Wihu and make it remember the size, which works fine by the way, the first screen will not make use of the added space at all ! It looks very bad that way. This is not the case with all other screens, just the first screen keeps using the default space. Could you maybe change that ? (see pic)

Thanks,

Alex

Could you make it remember it´s position and size or influence the width of the helparea in another way ? Because, if I do not use the help area it is too big and if I intend to use it, then I would need more space  :D

You can use the SplitterPos setting under [settings] to set the width of the help area. The default is 30 (meaning 30%). Personally, I find 40% to be a little more confortable.

Something like

Group.0=1

Status.0=0x10028

but for all users ?

No this is currently not possible, but it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

If I got time next month may be I'll implement it.

2. I don´t need section names actually because I will just install a few apps. Currently this is not possible.

What about using hidden = 1?

Benjamin Kalytta

Also if you have time some day, redesigning the first dialog to make use of added space would be nice !
Ok done.
thanks, implementing this would be great !

Also done.

You could use each [users] keyword WITHOUT an index to set users default. (see install.ini example or wihu manual page for more information)

Benjamin

Hi again, Benjamin,

sorry to say but this last version seems to have broken the default Home path for all users (again :P ) ...

It used to work with your last version (.19) but in .21 "Basisordner" is left empty even though I have set

[Environment]

Home=%PERSONAL%

in install.ini

Hoping for a quick fix :whistle:

Thanks,

Alex