Linksys reset problem

I have the linksys bfsr41 v2.1 router with 1.46.00 firmware. It's my second one and it's been solid as a rock. But, I will never flash it again and I most likely will never buy another linksys product again.

Nearly 2 years ago, I grabbed a firmware update from linksys and flashed it, only to kill my router entirely. Tech support admitted the update was buggy and they had no intention of pulling it from their site or posting a notice that is was faulty. They did, however give me an RMA and I got a new bfsr41 within 2 weeks

btw, I'm on cable with mediacom and they don't use pppoe. Charter operates in my area as well and I know through a friend who uses charter that they don't use pppoe either. Only service around here that does is bellsouth dsl. Comcast is also near me, but I don't know what they use. Not like it matters anyway.

It's PPPoE, but the gerneral idea of PPPoE is to regulate service between the service provider and the end user and mainly based for DSL not Cable internet.

It's not commonly used and many companies still use it. It really depends on where you live. I know for a fact that Charter, MediaCom and Time Warner do not use PPPoE, well Time Warner is trying to get rid of it for its DSL customers.

Yeah i have Cox communications. And i believe they dont use PPPoE. So I changed it like gamehead said. Didnt work, shut down my whole internet. I then had to change my IP to 192.168.1.101 my internet then work again. So i change th IP back to 192.168.1.1 and it worked to. Ive reseted my router about 500 times. Ive diconnected cables, reset it, unplug the power. Ive dont just about everything. But i will try and download Firmware 1.45.7