TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST

maxXPsoft

I created an Office XP SP3 by this http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/officexp_advanced.htm

and it says to rename the

TRANSFORMS=C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\Unattended.MST /qb-

to...

TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

It won't let me rename that with the Microsoft Office XP Resource Kit Tools I downloaded = orktools.exe on same link. It it keeps that path it probably won't install correctly.

How do you get around this?

thank you for reminding me...

the site isn't too clear about that. It should be that you close out of the ORK tools, and then when adding it to your batch file or whatever you change it THERE to just unattend.mst

Thanks Alanoll

I tried every search I string could and couldn't find anything like that. Also some of my screens were a little different and I thought the version I had was the problem.

Tried everything to open it also and finally with VB and I don't see any path like the long one.

• 7 years later...

I know this is quite an old thread, but I thought why opening a new one since this is the same problem I have now. My batch file looks like that and is taken from the above mentioned website:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait "f:\Desktop Support\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

What is wrong that it won't allow me to install Office 2003? Below is the error message.

---------------------------

TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST

Windows cannot find 'TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

OK

Could someone please post the correct batch file content?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Edited by Mackhack

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait "c:\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe" TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

Thanks for your reply, but the installation files aren't on the C:\ drive. They are on network drive.

thank you for reminding me...

the site isn't too clear about that. It should be that you close out of the ORK tools, and then when adding it to your batch file or whatever you change it THERE to just unattend.mst

Yes, it seems!

Create a new mst file and save as Unattend.mst! I always use successfully like that!

HTH

Edited by myselfidem

Have you tried whithout quotes and whithout space inside folder names ?:

.\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UNATTEND.MST /qb-

Example, like this:

start /wait F:\Desktop_Support\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UNATTEND.MST /qb-

*Edit: The new link for the web site you told is here now:

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/50/

Edited by myselfidem