How do you slipstream Viewsonic monitor drivers?

Sgt_Strider

huh?

I put all the viewsonic inf into my $OeM$\$1\DP\ folder

since i use the 7z method my 380 MB drivers are compressed to 83 mb.

so i save a lot of space., but i hv 2 GB to go on my DVD

but to answer your question yes. that is fine

how much did you get your vx910 ? i got my VP912B for 509 Delivered

huh?

I put all the viewsonic inf into my $OeM$\$1\DP\ folder

since i use the 7z method my 380 MB drivers are compressed to 83 mb.

so i save a lot of space., but i hv 2 GB to go on my DVD

but to answer your question yes. that is fine

how much did you get your vx910 ? i got my VP912B for 509 Delivered

I placed the Viewsonic VX910 drivers from the 7z file into my 003_monitor folder. When I test installed it via Microsoft Virtual PC, nothing is detected. The monitor installs as a Default monitor.

You might want to disable the default monitor driver, so your driver gets installed. Please use the search function to find more about it. (don't forget to set it to 'Any date'!)

if you know how to disable "default monitor" thing, it is very nice of you to tell him right here instead of sending him to look for it.

i know this is not a SILVER plate which you are not going to give to him. Why don't you give him a SILVER SPOON so that he can get his job done.

You might want to disable the default monitor driver, so your driver gets installed. Please use the search function to find more about it. (don't forget to set it to 'Any date'!)

if you know how to disable "default monitor" thing, it is very nice of you to tell him right here instead of sending him to look for it.

i know this is not a SILVER plate which you are not going to give to him. Why don't you give him a SILVER SPOON so that he can get his job done.

I don't remember it by heart ;) And why would I have to do the search, if he can as well?

msfn11

1. Instead of repremanding BST who works very hard to make the Drivers pack for

everyone. (which i tell u is a momentous task!) Why dont u search for the topic

and give it to Sgt_Strider.

2. I think BST time is better spent updating and providing us with newer and even

better drivers pack, then to do searches. You have to be self reliant and self sufficient.

3. BST is a student and he is a very man.

4. I already gave Sgt_Strider everything he needs. I had problems the yesterday

and i installed probably 20 times, Each and everytime my Viewsonic VP912b was

found. I dont use VM i use the REAL thing.

5. I believe u owe BST an apology and u should edit your post.

Astalavista,

i want to know how to disable default monitor driver too and I searched for it BUT couldn't find it.

my point here is Because some of you are EXPERTS, why don't you help other when they ask you "how to" question instead of sending them to SEARCH for.

if they found what they were looking for, would you think they will post their message here and ask for help.?

i don't think so.

Apologize for expressing my opinion here.???? another "i don't think so". No hard feeling.

Astalavista,

i want to know how to disable default monitor driver too and I searched for it BUT couldn't find it.

my point here is Because some of you are EXPERTS, why don't you help other when they ask you "how to" question instead of sending them to SEARCH for.

if they found what they were looking for, would you think they will post their message here and ask for help.?

i don't think so.

Apologize for expressing my opinion here.???? another "i don't think so". No hard feeling.

most of the time people dont even use the search before posting.

it is so frustrating to see post over and over again on the same topic.

we are very busy people and we only do this part time

Thanks for defending me, Astalavista, but I think you're overreacting a 'bit' :P I didn't take it as offense...

@msfn11:

i don't think so.

Unfortunately, I *DO* have to think so... Astalavista is completely right when he's saying lots of posts here are because of newbies whom are to lazy to search...

And I think Astalavista is right again when he says that this is only parttime: I don't have the time to search every time again for this or that... I'm replying to questions that have been answered before with an average of about 4 posts a day... I don't even have the time to read the newest evolutions in the other parts of the MSFN forums.

Please don't get mad when you don't get immediately the reply you need. Instead, search better!

Search DOES work As you know, if the thing you're looking for isn't in the first five results, then you've entered the wrong search keywords... Here it's the third link... ;)

may be, it is time to make more IMPORTANT threads STICKY instead of letting them burried in the dust.

I'm sorry to say this, but the default monitor topic isn't worth stickying... Additonally, it's not requested by many members...

And I have to keep this in mind: lots of stickies VS overview, clarity. If you tell me the links I should add to 'read this first...", I'll add them ;)

• 5 months later...
Google for the executable named 'i6comp.exe'.

i6comp.exe x data1.cab

And voila: there's the inf file (and the other files) you need!

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks! After a few other failed googles trying to do just that, your suggestion worked like a charm!

Thanks!

Cheers

- N