How do you slipstream Viewsonic monitor drivers?

Sgt_Strider

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, have you actually tried this yourself? Because the file inside contain only a setup file and not individual .inf files that I would need to install it. Since the setup file is a installshield application, does that mean I would install this differently?

Google for the executable named 'i6comp.exe'.

Then place it in the %windir%\system32 folder.

Open a cmd window in the folder in which you've extracted the setup of the monitor drivers.

Now enter the following command:

i6comp.exe x data1.cab

And voila: there's the inf file (and the other files) you need!

i have viewsonic pf790 and I tried to use unattended setup to install the driver BUT it doesn't work because my monitor is not plug and play. Winxp always installs its default driver and i have to do it manually.

this is what i find out. If your monitor is not plug and play, you have to install it manually.

Google for the executable named 'i6comp.exe'.

Then place it in the %windir%\system32 folder.

Open a cmd window in the folder in which you've extracted the setup of the monitor drivers.

Now enter the following command:

i6comp.exe x data1.cab

And voila: there's the inf file (and the other files) you need!

Ok, I downloaded i6comp.exe and I placed it in my "E:\Windows\System32" folder. I opened cmd window and the default location is this: "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> and I tried to add the statement in by copy and paste "i6comp.exe x data1.cab". It didn't worked and instead I got a error message: "InstallShield 6.x Cabinet Util

Version 0.2 -] fOSSiL & Morlac - 2000 [-

Could not open data1.hdr"

What is going on here?

there is 1 easy way to do this.

download viewsonic driver and run it. After it finishes installing drivers on your computer, look in your C drive for "viewsonic" folder.

you will have all the inf files about your monitors along with other monitors in this folder.

rename this folder to something else or go head and delete it when you are done because it's safe to do so.

Ok, I downloaded i6comp.exe and I placed it in my "E:\Windows\System32" folder. I opened cmd window and the default location is this: "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> and I tried to add the statement in by copy and paste "i6comp.exe x data1.cab". It didn't worked and instead I got a error message: "InstallShield 6.x Cabinet Util

Version 0.2 -] fOSSiL & Morlac - 2000 [-

Could not open data1.hdr"

What is going on here?

It doesn't work for some IS setups... But that's a minority! Unfortunately it seems that this one is one of that minority :P

there is 1 easy way to do this.

download viewsonic driver and run it. After it finishes installing drivers on your computer, look in your C drive for "viewsonic" folder.

you will have all the inf files about your monitors along with other monitors in this folder.

rename this folder to something else or go head and delete it when you are done because it's safe to do so.

I tried installing it, but there are no Viewsonic folders in both hard drives...

I just downloaded, extracted, and ran the executable in Standard_Monitor_Driver_Signed_WinXP It claimed to create a directory, but after it said I didn't have a viewsonic, and closed it, the folder was gone!

I ran it a second time, chose "reinstall/repair" but before closed it, i opened a command prompt and "CDed" into "c:\ViewSonic" and then closed the installer. The files stayed this time!!!

Bunch of infs, one of which was for a VX910. Not sure how to incorporate these into your install disc to place these, but they are there.

I have the New ViewSonic VP912B 19' LCD 12ms

I have attach the ViewSonic Drivers for XP. (CRT and LCD)

124 kb 7zip

if u are using the Bashrat's method just extract the 7z to \DP\000_Viewsonic

and make the changes in your winnt.sif

simple

with the 7z file, I extract the vx910 files out and I put it in 003_monitor folder. In Winnt.sif, I just point the installation to look into the folder right? No other changes necessary?