Collection of switches.......

diesel_98a

I have created a Switches.rtf that has the switches for 348 different pieces of software in it. I am currently in the process of adding all the switches that I have to uawiki.org , so the 11/1/05 upload will be the last one for awhile, please check out the website as it is currently building up a pretty impressive database of app switches, I am sure that in time & w/ more help it will be even better. I have always wanted to put the switches online but haven't had the time to create the website so uawiki.org allows me that chance so they can easily be updated & changed @ any time, as u will notice there are already several members of msfn already there. I will leave the attachment so that if anyone would still like to download it they can. I am curious to see what everyone thinks about putting the switches online. so do let me know & u can post it right here.

also i want to say Thank You to everybody for all the support & comments, they have been appriceated.

****Update on 6/18/06 @ 8:05am--- i have restarted working on my project, however progress has been slow, i am also making some major changes that i hope to upload @ some point, i am also still updating www.uawiki.org, i am also changing everything from notepad to excel and hope to be done sometime, it is take forever and i am retesting all the switches & links..........

Switches.zip

Edited by diesel_98a

It doesn't look like a txt file to me, what format is it supposed to be?

Download and open with Wordpad !

It is a good compilation of switches.

Good effort asserted. Will make it easier for others.

I don't have Wordpad, the file extension is .txt for use with a text editor, not a word processor.

Here it is again for those of us using a text editor, or reading directly in their browser.

[EDIT]

Removed

[/EDIT]

Edited by Yzöwl

@Yzöwl

No offence meant, but the better thing to do would be to take down your *REAL* .txt file from the above post. Atleast then, diesel can have a single point of source. Otherwise, when he updates his post, people will still be downloading from YOUR post, and start complaining. :P

@diesel_98a

Nice effort! :thumbup

It would be excellent, if as the others said, you could rename the file attached in your post as .RTF so it won't open with Notepad (since its formatted for wordpoad and such editors).

no problem, just a pedantic method of making my point...consider it gone

I actually hoped it would've triggered a response from the author, as it's not just people, without wordpad, but most users of firefox etc. will pick up a txt file in their browser by default, unless they remember to right click on it first.

Now THIS is a great thread!

The collection here is good, complete, comes complete with links to MSFN threads, app switches, and coherent instructions for each app. Keep it up.

Aaron really should either replace his sticky with this or incorporate all the extra info. That seems to be the one thing that most forum sites neglect: consolidation.

There's a thousand posts on lots of topics, but they're ALL RELATED! The biggest timesaver for new users is to NOT have to do a search (and get either "nothing" because their search is too specific, or a hundred hits, usually occurring in the middle of a long string of incremental replies, that keeps them jumping around all over the place). Comprehensive guides that collate lots of information, created by those most experienced with the process, would likely cut down a lot of the duplication we see in the forums.

The MSFN Unattended guides were the most helpful pages to me when I started this whole unattended adventure, but there's not even a link to them from the main forum page! They should be the most accessible, most advertised, and most updated locations (next to the daily news) on the MSFN web site, IMHO.

There is a thread somewhere else, I believe in the Unattended section, where Alanoll is taking on a massive task: complete comprehensive description of the ins and outs of Unattended CD creation. Maybe some brave soul (Aaron?!) could attempt the same thing for this section...

This is not an attempt to hijack this thread, but I know that some admins sometimes take a peek into the threads. I thought they might appreciate some feedback that conveys some constructive analysis of the big picture. I mean, we're all here to try to make life simpler, more efficient, and hassle-free, right?

:angel:

Oh, and P.S.... Yes, there IS a link to the guides on the home page:

Very top, upper left.

I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so that would explain how I missed it - for two months! And yes, I looked and looked.

Rather than interpret this as a lack of attention or perception on MY part, however ( :whistle: ), I choose rather to make the point that the link is really not visible enough! Ahh...creative reality...nothing else like it! ;)

@beaumar

These consolidated threads that you speak of.... Why not make them yourself, and I make it a sticky?

Most of the time we do keep trying to collect all the info in one place, but there just isn't enough time. Its easy to say, that we SHOULD do this and SHOULD do that, which will improve the experience for newcomers... But remember, we have jobs and real life to attend to, as well. If you'd like to contribute, then that's really nice.

It doesn't look like a txt file to me, what format is it supposed to be?
i actually meant it to be in the rtf format, that was my fault, i didn't notice the .txt part until u had said something, so thanks but it has been fixed, so no problem there.
Not to discourage your work, but that's what the autoit and applications switches threads are for. I guess this would be good for newbies.

it can be pretty much be for anybody, i sometimes get tired of looking in the forumns for different switches, only to have to go back & look again, just wanting to save time on my part & maybe some others as well.

sorry bout the late responses, just been busy working on this project, the amount of hrs i have put in, have been tremendous.......

• 2 weeks later...

ok, now here is where i could some help, i done some searching & haven't been able to find very much, this is either due to invalid links or just not finding what i need. i have a list of programs that i need more install info & examples of. i am trying to do this w/out using autoit.

Cover XP - need to know if there is a way to install other than using autoit

Customizer XP - does this one need extracted, what is the homepage, where can one download it from, any examples of install

Defrag Pro - does this one need extracted, what is the homepage, where can one download it from, any examples of install

Image Optimizer Pro - does anybody have a custom .msi that can be download, other install ideas

Outlook Backup - does this one need extracted, what is the homepage, where can one download it from, any examples of install

VCR Pro - does this one need extracted, what is the homepage, where can one download it from, any examples of install

WinACE - does anybody have a custom .msi that can be download, other install ideas

Window Washer - does anybody have a custom .msi that can be download, other install ideas

***Updated

Zip Scan - found a download, doesn't need to be installed

Izarc - updated in Switches v1.45 & beyond

Res Hacker - create a silent install using ur favorite zip program

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by diesel_98a

i was looking through the switches forumn when i decided to create a text file that has most of the switches it. now this is just a start....................

sorry all, so far i haven't able to do much, been away from home & had to reinstall windows after some problems, i do have a few updates & i have added some other software as well.........

the color red indicates ones that i want to go back to & spend more time with, just FYI......

in RTF format......

Updated on 1/19/05 @ 8:39pm cst

Diesel,

great works.

If you continue to update it, ii will be even easier to use, if you include a history of the additions made to the file, in the first post.

One will not have to scan the whole file to see if there is an interesting update for him.

As said, great compiling work.

Here are some switches......sorry if they are re-posts

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Application\WMP10\mp10setup.exe /Q

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Application\Kazaa\klitekpp241e.exe /SP /VERYSILENT /NOREBOOT

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Application\Winamp\Winamp5.0.8.msi /QB-!

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Application\anydvd\SetupAnyDVD.exe /S /NCRC

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Application\DVDSanta\dvdSanta3.45.exe /SP /VERYSILENT /NORESTART

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Application\DVDshrink\dvdshrink317setup.exe /SP /VERYSILENT /NOREBOOT

start /wait %systendrive%\Install\Application\XoftSpy\XoftSpy408Installer.exe /S