Removal of History Internet Shortcut, not so easy.

jaspav

I have been trying to remove a History, Internet Shortcut for some time now. On my Internet Explorer, if I click History, Search, then type in any letter and Search, this certain Internet Shortcut keeps coming up.

Here are the things I have tried: I have tried right clicking and deleting, and it will not go away. If I right click and delete any other site that I have previously been to, they will delete, but not this one. I have deleted all of my cookies, and temporary internet files. I have deleted all History Items. I have run my Norton Program and it removes everything but this item. I have run Ad-aware & Spybot and neither detect it or delete it. I have tried to drag and drop it into the recycle bin. Nothing works, can anyone help? Its not hurting anything (I dont think) but I want it gone. I know, I went to some website that I shouldn't have, and here it is http://www.celebrities2.com/Brittany-Daniel/ but how do I get rid of this thing?

1. You need to download firefox and a profile click my sig for the link.

2. You need to download Adaware Personal download it. You got major spyware. Pls dont post links to sites that will infect people with spyware.

3. Run Adaware to remove the spyware.

4. Run Norton Antivirus or whatever Antivirus software u hv. Make sure it is up to date.

5. Stop using I.E. completely and throw it out.

6. Install the firefox from my link and the profile as well. That will protect u.

The BEST program I have found (trust me, I have used a lot of them) is East-Tec Eraser. It auto-detects your browser and all folders where all history/temp/whatever is stored at and it will "erase" it depending on the erasure setting you have. I prefer the DoD Standard + an extra random pass for spice.

East-Tec Eraser 2005 (Newest version, updates a few days ago!) I use it to erase system tracks (even the Event Log!!!), INternet Tracks and of course any file that I desire to have erased, not "deleted" as the only true way of getting rid of a file is to overwrite it, and files are recoverable up to 35 levels of overwrites, but only by hardware. The method I mentioned above is an 8-pass method and does prevent hardware recovery. Very efficient. ETE accesses the Recycle Bin as well. That's why I never have files bypass the RB. I always throw them in the Bin and then erase them. Anyway, it will erase the index.dat files upon reboot as well. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Jeremy

PS: And don't use IE...use Firefox or Opera. Soooooooo much better and secure.