New Error Found

For me as developer there's now 3 possibilities to fix this prob:

1. Leave WPI as it ts and ignore he prob.

2. Remove the functionality of WPI to wait for RunOnceEx's end and display all apps in a single RunOnceEx Window. (As it was in early Versions of WPI) --> problems with cleanup scripts.

3. Include a new option to let the user choose his way of how tho let WPI wait. --> Nice your you, very bad for me (so much work) :(

To wait, or not to wait ....

And now please try the WPI ersion in the attachment and post your result. In this version WPI sets the registry's timeout-value to 900.000.000 instructions on start. the value is deleted from registry when WPI finishes (either automatically after installs or by clicking on exit)

wpi.zip

SetScriptWaitTimeout(900000000)
can i increase this ???

ok i found something

when i shifted from 3.1.1a to 3.2

my config.js looks like this

//tooltip style

//Style[...]=[TitleColor,TextColor,TitleBgColor,TextBgColor,TitleBgImag,TextBgImag,TitleTextAlign,Text

TextAlign, TitleFontFace, TextFontFace, TipPosition, StickyStyle, TitleFontSize, TextFontSize, Width, Height, BorderSize, PadTextArea, CoordinateX , CoordinateY, TransitionNumber, TransitionDuration, TransparencyLevel ,ShadowType, ShadowColor]

Style[0]=["black","black","#FFb200","#FFD980","","","","","","","","","","",200,"",2,2,10,10,51,1,0,"",""]

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// End of programs list.

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//for (k=pn; k<100; k++) { prog[pn]=['Program ' + pn]; pn++; }

it appears that the 3.2 version no longer uses this code in config.js.

LOL did i miss a notice somewhere?

SetScriptWaitTimeout(900000000)

can i increase this ???

ok i found something

when i shifted from 3.1.1a to 3.2

my config.js looks like this

//tooltip style

//Style[...]=[TitleColor,TextColor,TitleBgColor,TextBgColor,TitleBgImag,TextBgImag,TitleTextAlign,Text

TextAlign, TitleFontFace, TextFontFace, TipPosition, StickyStyle, TitleFontSize, TextFontSize, Width, Height, BorderSize, PadTextArea, CoordinateX , CoordinateY, TransitionNumber, TransitionDuration, TransparencyLevel ,ShadowType, ShadowColor]

Style[0]=["black","black","#FFb200","#FFD980","","","","","","","","","","",200,"",2,2,10,10,51,1,0,"",""]

// End of programs list.

it appears that the 3.2 version no longer uses this code in config.js.

LOL did i miss a notice somewhere?

Astalavista this is commented out so it is not active

hasi

I have a suggestion. You can add a command at the end of programs that is not visible in UI or simply add an option to the program that will not make a checkbox for it. It will be executed last and no need for WPI to wait it can exit after writing registry entries in runonceex. Will you try that way?

And one more thing when installing 15 apps at once some MSI-s dont install is it from the hang of script?

Hasi I am sorry your fix is not working for me.

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To change this timeout value in Internet Explorer 4.0, 5.0, or 6.0 versions, follow these steps:

1. Using a Registry Editor such as Regedt32.exe, open this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Styles

Note If the Styles key is not present, create a new key that is called Styles.

2. Create a new DWORD value called "MaxScriptStatements" under this key and set the value to the desired number of script statements.

By default the key doesn't exist. If the key has not been added, Internet Explorer 4 defaults to 5,000,000 statements executed as the trigger for the timeout dialog box.

Because the Internet Explorer 4.0, 5.0, and 6.0 timeout is based on the number of script statements executed, the timeout dialog box will not display during ActiveX control or database-access delays. Endless loops in script will still be detected.

I am going to manual set the timeout during my regtweaks during command.txt

hasi pls checkout http://www.codecomments.com/message206767.html

the version in the above post "try this" seems to have fixed my popup

problem...........the increased time-out has worked, as every one here

says "at least for me"

BD

EDIT

and before you say anything Asta, I left in all programs and wait.exe.........

ok hasi,

i hv no problems install all my 40 apps as long as i dont install

RyanvVM net frame work sp1

microsoft office 2003

microsoft frontpage 2003

i am installing the apps from a DVD +RW. I suspect that the process is taking to long. However, it does not explain why it was working perfectly before 3.0 version.