OOOoops, Deleted Partition, Need Data Recovery

@blinkdt

Sorry, the program name escapes me, but it was not the kind of program you find on a warez site

I bet your post makes slip400 feel great! I know a great app that will help you out of the situation, its EXACTLY what you need - BUT - I can't tell you what it is. :w00t:

Were you the chap that worked for M$ who developed "an unknown error has occurred in unknown"?

FFS

Nope, that wasn't me. Hey, cut me some slack, it was over a year ago. The point was that his data almost certainly IS recoverable (there seemed to be some debate on that earlier in the thread, and maybe still?) but it's probably going to cost some money. XtremeMaC may have found the solution. I'm going to bed.

For a very similar situation last week I found and used the excellent program TestDisk.

TestDisk

I did not format over my data, only deleted the partition, but I think this program will still be able to find and restore yours.

I lost no data and had no problems after I thankfully found this program... I hope your story ends the same way. :D

Good luck,

SMKnight

@Slip400

Easy Recovery Pro v6.04

That's the name of the saviour. How you'd get it is up to you, and its pretty easily available, if you get what that means. ;)

Acronis has a few tools too (specifically, disk director suite 9) to recover deleted partition tables.

Note:

Do not use the HD from which you intend to recover data. And when you recover files from it using any of the above tools, have a second HD connected to the system, for storing recovered files.