Java 5.0 Update 1

jrf2027

Re this update 501, I don' know whats goin on if I do a clean install of it in windows installs fine & doesn't reboot when I install UA from dvd using Runonceex off %cdrom% always causes a reboot & fails to install my next app & reboots & completes the rest of the apps??

Heres my code:

REG ADD %KEY%\130 /VE /D "Sun Java msi update 501" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\130 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Sunjava\jre501.msi /qb-! /passive REBOOT=ReallySuppress SYSTRAY=0 WEBSTARTICON=0 ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 JAVAUPDATE=0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\140 /VE /D "Spybot Search & Destroy" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\140 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\spybot\spybot.exe" /f

It however installs the Sunjava but misses Spybot upon the next reboot?

Spybot will normally install OK.

First off, punctuation is your friend. I'm not 100% sure I even understand what you were saying.

What I think you're saying is that it runs fine if run by itself in Windows, but not if called from RunOnceEx in the registry. That's consistent with what others are seeing. And those are nearly the same parameters I use for my switchless installer. Unfortunately, I don't know what you can do about it other than contact Sun and see if they know why.

OK could you elaborate, my problem being it seems to upset my cleanup.cmd by the rebooting.

EDIT: But won't the guirunonce be called straight after runonceex? I know the guide says it executes at the same time but I have found it to be otherwise? I need to clear out minimal files in the install & driver folders on the main drive before the reboot how can I do this? Java's rebooting straight after installation.

My system always reboots. I tried the original .exe , the .msi file and your .exe RyanVM. I install my progs per WPI. How can I kill the restart ?

i use wpi too without restart after java install.

get the original package, extract the msi file and use this:

jre501.msi /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress SYSTRAY=0 WEBSTARTICON=0 ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 JAVAUPDATE=0

i hope it will work for you too, let me know