Flashed Bios

aKaFrEE

Ok...a while back i upgraded to a P4 and and AOpen AX45-V mobo. The onboard network card hasnt worked from the start but there was no option in the bios to disable it. Well they released a new version of the bios so i flashed it and went in and use the new option to disable it. It didnt seem to do anything. The bios says disabled for onboard lan but when if i uninstall the network card from windows and reboot it shows back up. anyone know how to fix this?

aKa,same thing on my laptop and an Elite mobo I installed.If the network card is built in it will always be recognized by the bios.Does an icon with a red x show in the device manager?Or is it always enabled?Also,your board came with a cd setup,look for some documentation on the lan card.There may be drivers you can load which will make it operational,hence no red x in the device manager.

well i have the drivers loaded..but nomatter what it shows up with a mac address of FF-FF-FF-etc and it doesnt work so i just use a pci 3com. but its disabled in the bios options and it just shows up like normal in device manager..

Did you do a clean install of Windows after replacing the motherboard and cpu? I learned to always do a clean install when replacing a mobo or cpu because Windows often does a poor job of recognizing new components.

I hope I can say this correctly. When you disable something the system no longer uses it. Now this does not mean it is not going to recognize it. By in large the only way to get XP not to see it is by removing it from you system. This would be hard to do since it is soldered on the MB. I think I would concentrate on getting the on board LAN to work if you need a LAN connection, if not I would just not worry about it.....