Limewire Pro 4.2.3

a06lp

First of all, I did a lot of searches, and no post with the term "limewire" has an answer.

Soooo....

I first ran the -r switch: LimewirePro.exe -R

I answered all the questions.

Copied the setup.iss from C:\windows to the same dir as LimewirePro.exe

(then i uninstalled it so i can test it)

Ran the -s switch: LimewirePro.exe -s

and it ALMOST installs silently... BUT a window titled "Start Limewire on System Startup" window pops up asking (with a checkbox) Automatically start LimeWire when your computer starts. After I click "next" the rest is silent.

what am i doing wrong???

how do i make this TOTALLY silent?

I tried to install this as well. I got it installing silently but it just doesn't seem to get installed properly. I get this system protection error.

I have the pro version, so i have to install the isscript.msi first and the Limewire setup. Can someone help me please?

• 3 weeks later...

hmm...

im going to cancel my previous comment.

Seems the "limewirepro.msi" file you sent me will work, as long as i install the "isscript.msi" (which you also sent me) first.

maybe others want it though.

@blinkdt

1) Add the property ISSETUPDRIVEN to the property table via the Direct Editor and give it a value of 1.

2) Add a condition to the "OnCheckSilentInstall" custom action in the InstallExecuteSequence via the Direct Editor that will always resolve to false or remove the custom action from the sequence.

Credit: appdeploy.com

Edited by 1chaoticadult

• 2 weeks later...

LimeWire 4.3.3 include the following changes:

- Fixed widespread 'Could not move to Library' bug on Windows.

- Fixed 'Direct Connect' tab to update your IP address as it changes, as well as show that you are behind a firewall or router if LimeWire detects it.

- Added a 'Shutting Down LimeWire...' window as LimeWire closes.

- Fixed internal bugs in UPnP.

- Optimized filtering based on IP addresses. Thanks to Philippe Verdy for this optimization.

- Reduced the upload bandwidth required when downloading files via LimeWire's new "firewall to firewall" technology.

- Added the Java version to the 'About' dialog.

- Added a Creative Commons playlist when in LimeWire's shared playlists (using DAAP). Thanks to Roger Kapsi for contributing this.

- Fixed improper window sizing after changing themes or restoring from the system tray when using Java 1.5.

- Simplified firewall configuration and added UPnP configuration. This is under your Options (or Preferences on OSX), Advanced -> Firewall Config.