6800 blank screen?

v0r73x

Hey all, just wondering if anyone could help? Running on an Athlon64 3200+, 512mb 2700 RAM and a Gainward 6800LE. The wierd/annoying problem is when I start gaming I get a blank screen after a few minutes. I've upped the PSU to 400watt thinking that may be the cause also tried driver versions 61-66.93 even the 71's but with no luck. Have run 3dMark and it seems to last without going blank although it has done once, the main problem seems to be in Call Of Duty as this goes blank near instantly.

Faulty card? Or am I missing something, temperatures are fine and I've disabled various power saving options in both windows and the bios after reading some threads regarding those possible issues. Any suggestions or help welcome :)

Thanks in advance.

have u got the latest game patches?

also, i believe the LE's are a cheaper version, maybe u could try taking it to a pc shop & get them 2 test it on a different pc if u dont have 1?

Thanks for the reply, the game has had all its patches/updates installed. The machine originally had a 5500 with no faults hence Im starting to believe the card itself is faulty. Also tested the card on another machine with same faults so again I guess I've answered my own question just wondering if anyone else had the same problems and it was a driver/bios issue etc?

Sorted, well kind of :) Apparently this is now a known issue with the 6800LE's something to do with the rubbish memory/bios on the card. Need to lower the clock speed of RAM until they sort it.

Have to see how it goes, thanks anyway guys.