hotfixes now with integrate features :)

I just made my windows xp with service pack 2 integrated (called slipstreaming???)

anyways, I done this before with windows 2000 pro, and there I had to download the updates and install them by a cms script or by qchain tool.

But it seams a** these days are over for xp anyway.

When i tested my iso of xp install cd, i found out that there was 5 updates

KB834707

KB873339

KB885835

KB886185

KB885836

I had a lot of trouble finding the first hotfix (kb834707) as there are different versions.

anyways I started the hotfix with the /? switch to find out what commands to use for silent and noreboot, but found that the /integrate switch was now included.

so to integrate the hot fix you just go:

KB834707.exe /integrate:path

where path is like "C:\unattended\xp cd" (not includeing the i386 folder)

For those who has trouble finding the right hotfixes, i did this:

installed the fixes via windows update and the reboted.

I then went to windows update again and chose "show install overview" (don't know if this is right (I use a danish version) but anyways you get an overview of the installed hotfixes.

You can then click on the update and click on the link for help and support and you are now displayed a page with a description af the problem and the link to the patch / hotfix.

When downloading the hotfixes be sure to get the right language version (default is english)

hope someone finds this to be usefull, if not plez don't sue me :)

chosing langi from a drop down box, is what i did anyhow.

The links in the forum is actualy the same link as the hotfix itself is providing. so its forum vs. windows update

My way is kinda easy cuz you then know what update you need(you just installed them), instead of getting them all from the forum and you just nead 2.

kindly mimo

hmm I get you now, think I missonderstood you.

You are correct

I install the updates via the windows update (thats correct) after I installed (on a virtual pc) my unattended iso, but

I use the information in windows update to actualy get the updates / download (again you might say)

After I downloaded them, I get them from my virtual pc (connect to it via my "real pc") and then integrate them to my NEW unattended cd.

I just done this and can confirm that slipstreaming or integration of the fixes work.

they are not shown under windows update nomore (not as installed, because they were integrated and not as critical updates because they are installed)

So now you have your fully up to date unattended cd, why else would I mention the integrate switch in the first place......

hope this made my message more clearly (I am not always good at explaining stuff in english, as it's not my natual langi)

@mimo78

Ok, now I get it! I am using a similar method to obtain the list of Hotfixes in my Sticky...

@Stuntgp2000

Yes, some of them can be integrated but not the majority. I tried once and I found that I didn't want to mess up my stuff as I prefer to only have one method for each system for the hotfixes installation instead of 2 or 3 ways.

Win2000 = batch file

WinXP SP1 = svcpack.inf manually

WinXP SP2 = /integrate:

BTW, you can get the list of available switches for a hotfixe using /?

Please forgive me this dumb question: :blushing:

When using the integrate switch, where should I point it to?

This-> hotfix.exe /integrate:I:\XPCD

or

This-> hotfix.exe /integrate:I:\XPCD\I386

This is my folderstructure:

I:\XPCD>dir

Directory of I:\XPCD

<DIR>          $OEM$

<DIR>          I386