My new toys...check it ....

XPerties

As I see it:

1) The pentium 2.4 NW (:) has comes with a cooler, the Athlon don't.

2) The Athlon 2400+ outperforms the Pentium 4 2.4

3) The Chipsets are somewhat identical when it co mes to features comparing VIA P4X400 and VIA KT400

4) Pentium runs cooler than Athlon

Above is not exactly news, but it shows how hard it can be to choose ...

I admit the phone had to give up style for compactness =) I've been in japan since the mobile phone craze began so i don't know how the "western" world is going in terms of style, funtions, usabilty, compactness, etc. All I know is that I put my phone in my front pocket and you can't feel its weight and doesn't have the uncomfortable buldge.

Japan has had the G3 out since late 2001, early 2002. A company by the name of NTT Docomo started it out but has not had the success they thought it would because of the cost of the phones and the enormous monthly service fees. The other 2 major mobile phone companies here in japan, AU and J-phone have pushed back their G3 releases following the lackluster performance of Docomo.

However, the second generation phones are still chugging away as they add more and more and more useless functions that people get dependant on.. like paying your utility bills, games, music, 28.8k download speeds(to d/l what I still have yet to fully understand). Email, alarm and checkin out some news pages is all I use... oh yea, phone calls too. :)

cheers team :rolleyes:

i thought 3G had a different name in japan, and was different to the european network, but looks like i was wrong...

its the same with most of the technology we use today, hardly anyone uses it for what its intended, and companies like to make us think we couldnt live without it, you cant live without text messaging etc. but how did we manage before!?

did you know the telephone wasnt intended to be used the way we use it at all? Alexander G Bell envisaged people with phones in their houses... but for playing MUSIC, like the radio! heh :)