is GEFORCE MX4000 a good graphics card?

kurt476

is this GEFORCE MX4000 a good graphics card?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. is this GEFORCE MX4000 a good graphics card?

• Very good
    • good
    • poor

well i going be doing lot's of stuf like ha... recording movies on to the pc and may me play N64 games play GBA, SNES. the main thing i'm goind to be doing is put my vhs taps on dvd.

p.s. i don't have a AGP slot i on have pci slots.

The card (by itself) is not very good while comparing to others.

But if it has Video-in slots and costs less, then its a pretty okay choice. Unless you have any intentions of playing the latest 3D-games, you won't have any problems with the MX4000.

why thank you prathapml i been looking for some1 that would tell me the truthe so it would be good for like movies right? i'm just looking for a graphics card to just play GBA and SNES and N64 that all i wannt to do. not reall play game CUB or or play station i only have like 667 Mhz pc too so. umm i can't really play ps2 or ps1 or game cub.

p.s. i am going to buy new parts for a new pc some time next month start with a case then i work my way up with cd-roms and things.

i had a similar problem with my old 667, was an ibm netvista with everything integrated onboard. it hasn't got any agp slots so i needed a pci graphic card and i decided to buy a "new" gforce mx440 (3 years ago).

the experience was the worst in my hardware life, the pci slots on those cards causes a bottleneck so i got the perfect unstable and hanging system and i couldn't play more than 5min until the bsod.

i'll recommend a native pci card like the 64mb's tnt2 or one of the old voodoo generation if you don't want to run advanced 3d renders (at the moment my old 667 uses a voodoo2 for hardware aceleration and it has a tv capture card so i can view tv while writing here :P)

acually i'm going to buy the GEFORCE MX4000 because i need tv out for the tv. because i also need analog on the video card too.

oh and you probebly for got to disable the other video card if you didn't already do that that what your problem was

@kurt476 go ahead in that case and good luck :P

i disabled the integrated video card but that wasn't enough and after a week of formating and flashing i simply gave up.

@DigeratiPrime, i agree. at least 90% of them. chankast (DC), PCSX2 (PS2) and dolphin (GC) are the only exceptions and all of them are still on deployment :whistle:

$10 here plus shipping

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...06688&CatId=877

I got one months ago for $30 so this is a good deal.

This isnt a gaming card imo, I know it can handle Unreal Tournament 2004 in the lowest gfx settings though. Personally using a Radeon 9800 Pro.

btw no one can play ps2 or gc on their pc yet, unless you can live with 1or2 frames per second.

If you dont have something better than a geforce 4 then get this already!

nvidia is very good [EDIT: The Best] with drivers, it makes a difference.