Error copying winntbbu.dll

i took a winntbbu.dl_ from this site on the forum: http://s86953812.onlinehome.us/winntbbu/

I then expanded it, replaced 185,186,187,188 with 9X9 256 color bitmaps. Replaced 103 with a 256 bitmap. Used the updated color program and the new updated batch file. Checked twice with search for any winntbbu.* in I386 and there were none. Placed the resulting file from the batch program *winntbbu.dl_ into I386 and burned it...

You should have a winntbbu.dll in I386 directory. And the bitmap references that you have edited, are the low resolution bitmaps. You should only need to edit the high resolution bitmaps, high resolution bitmaps are the bitmaps you see during setup, so long as you do not have a display issue?

same problem here with italian version... errror copying but boot screens is copyed correctly

the file on original cd is uncompressed

i tried a bootscreen downloaded from forum and it worked fine, without any error...

so i tried to modify that, just changing the primary bmp with another one with 256 color but still it doesn't work...

any ideas?

thanks

sonica

sorry

i didn't read your post properly u already donwload a pre made winntbbu.dll and it worked!

then u edited it and didn't work hummm...

what software did u use to edit the 103 bmp?

Che lei ha usato il software per redigere il winntbbu.dll?

Per favore di rispondere a negli inglesi.

When you change the bitmaps, ensure that you modifype.exe the file afterwards. It fixes the crc checksum of the file, so setup will not see it as a corrupted file. A link is in the unattended cd guide for it.

When you change the bitmaps, ensure that you modifype.exe the file afterwards. It fixes the crc checksum of the file, so setup will not see it as a corrupted file. A link is in the unattended cd guide for it.

thanks

this fixed the problem

thanks a lot

and i suggest to include this tip in the sticky post with the tutorial

thanks again

sonica

Hello

Thx for all the posts - been doing alot of testing.

I found the solution to my problem.

For some unknown reason my winntbbu.dll has to be compressed in the i386 folder - i.e "cdrom":\i386\WINNTBBU.DL_

If the uncrompressed is there I get an error.

To compress the file i used CAB Maker posted by bonedaddy - THX alot for that.

Altavista - thx for all your help - i hope to return really soon to see your next project. :w00t:

Pezzie >>>

Thats great u got it fixed.

makecab is a great tool, but how often will you use it after you finish making yoru winntbbu.dl_? I almost never have to make use of makecab until i started with

modifying winntbbu.dl_ :)

sonica >>>

I have been editing my winntbbu.dll for a long time and i never had to use ModifyPE unless i modify my colors.

In addition the pattern that has emerged is if u have the uncompressed winntbbu

in your i386 that causes the problem.

As soon as i get a larger number of feedback i will revise the guide. Until then

the guide will remain the same. I don't want to update the guide until i get all

the facts and statistics to back it up.

:rolleyes: @ MHz

i wonder why the european version of xp has an uncompress winntbbu.dll

when my xp from the U.S. does not?

also when i modified my winntbbu.dll i didn't use modifype only when i change

the colors did i use it.

I wonder what is the difference?

@Astalavista

General rule that I use. If you modify a binary file. Modifype it. Setup does a crc check on binary files. Binary files have a header that states information. Size of the file is one piece of that information. If you modify the file, the size of the file will not match the size information in the header.

As for uncompressed winntbbu.dll on european versions. Your guess is as good as mine. Number of files are uncompressed on my copy for use of setup, I considered?

ok in conclusion cause i have the same problem as above

use

CAB Tools IF YOU WANT OR USE THIS AS SAID ABOVE WINNTBBU.DLL -c

MAKECAB WINNTBBU.DLL

THEN EVERYHTING WORKED!!!!!

BUT THE QUESTION REMAINS

it shouldnt be more correct if i copied the dll also?

:P:lol::D:thumbup ok sorry for the caps