Multiboot Problems with BCDW 2.0

mediapla

Now i have made a multiboot DVD with some XP Versions and BCDW 2.0. I have some renamed I386 folder in the root, and bcdw.ini point to the setupldr.bin in this folders. Its now also possible to use only one $OEM§ -DirectoryBut it runs only if i use a extra I386 folder in the root directory. And i have another problem: I use preactivated versions (BIOS coded), but if i install from this DVD i must activate.(if i use the síngle OS CD it runs fine) I think the problem is the I386 folder. Setup dont use the files in the renamed Folder, it use only the I386. Is there a way to run setup from the renamed "I386" ( XPH1,XPH2,XPP1,XPP2...) I mean preactivation is not possible, because the files of the correct XP folder not in use.

So your suspicion is justified and reflect also the facts. Because you have posted the same thing in another post please follow my tips in that thread to avoid "double postings".

But here I can still summarize the important things in short:

1. becarefull to use bcdw, never use the "direct load setupldr.bin" feature, only load the boot sectors.

2. hex edit the boot sectors, setupldr.bin

3. text edit the txtsetup.sif

4. first, create a AIO DVD without winnt.sif(not unattended) to see if the preactivation works, than add the contents prograssively.

It makes me crazy...no way. I think XP takes a renamed I386 folder as root folder for install...this will be the problem. And with this extra I386 folder i cant mix XPhome and Prof on one DVD - :( And it isnt preactivated ! But i dont know all, how preactivation works. I think xp scans for the Product key in winnt.sif and the BIOS string, but it MUST look at another information (oem*.* files, setupp.ini ?)!

I think XP takes a renamed I386 folder as root folder for install
That's wrong. This was defined in txtsetup.sif.

I don't know anything about "preactivation", I've never seen such CDs, only the usual OEM-ones(need to activation afterwards) or the Corp.Edition(no activation required). So you can make a file and bit compare between the "preactivated" ones and the usual OEM-ones, and then give us the information....

To create the CD as I mentioned, you need a advanced level of the knowledge of OS-setup.